Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Top Dog

New Kids On the Block. I was 10, and it was for a friend's birthday. She got to invite 2 people to go, and I was one of them.

I've been to lots of concerts, but most of them were country artists (REAL country.....George Strait, Garth Brooks, Reba, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Toby Keith, Travis Tritt, Vince Gill, Brooks & Dunn, and some others). I've also seen Aerosmith.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

My first one I can remember was John Denver, went to that with my Aunt/Uncle and cousins.

My first real, buy the tickets and drive myself there concert was Queensryche and Suicidal Tendencies.

My last one was Iron Maiden this past summer and we're going to see Soundgarden on Friday Mostly because my wife is in love with Chris Cornell.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

First one was Travis Tritt, not my choice.

Best was OAR on New Years Eve.

I go see P!nk in March.

I really am not a concert person, they have to be someone I really REALLY wanna see. Like OAR and P!ink

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
First one was Travis Tritt, not my choice.

Best was OAR on New Years Eve.

I go see P!nk in March.

I really am not a concert person, they have to be someone I really REALLY wanna see. Like OAR and P!ink
I LOVE Pink. Still have yet to see her in concert! I met her though in NYC randomly. Super cool. I have to find the pic.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Hmmmm I think it was a band called the lightening seeds, I was 16. I think... I saw a few all round the same time. Them, terrorvision, paul weller, cast.

The last one I saw was probably at the last festival I went to, which was shambala we saw lots of bands, no big names.

I'm going to download festival this year and get to see IRON MAIDEN!!!! My childhood dream complete!!!! I'll also get to see korn, slipknot and queens of the Stone Age!

It's like my early 20s in one festival!! And its a girls festival for my friends 40th! Yay!

I'm suddenly excited

Will aim for another festival too with the other half, but that will probably be a mix of random bands and electronic music with loud repetitive bass lines to get your ass moving.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
...Best? Garth Brooks in Vegas... Amazing, small intimate theatre (1000 people?) and he was awesome!...
At the Wynn, right? We stayed at a Marriott right behind there when we went to Vegas- about a year before Garth started performing there. That must have been amazing! We were really hoping to get back to Vegas just so we could see him, but, alas, hubby got laid off right after we were there, and our son transferred out of Nellis at the end of that year.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Chihuahua Power!

My first one was Whitney Houston when I was 7. My mom and I LOVED her!

My favorite was a Dashboard Confessional/Get Up Kids show that I went to with Ian back in college.

The last one I went to was Fallout Boy a few years ago.

I used to go to concerts more often (I've seen a large list of bands/artists), but it's been a while.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM
& the Muttly Crew

My first was a blink-182 concert (with New Found Glory & Alkaline Trio opening) concert.

The best was probably Vans Warped Tour a couple years later, but that was as much for the story of the concert as the performances themselves

Most recent was Transiberian Orchestra, unless you count musicals.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Active Pup

Default First concert

It was Judas Priest at the Spectum in Philly. Got the ticket because the girl couldn't go. 4th row, best ever!!!! Found out later that the girl that couldn't go was the girl that I married. (not married anymore)
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Wookie Collie

First real "adult" concert ever was NKOTB when I was... seven, I believe. Before that I went to a bunch of kid's concerts. Sharon Lois & Bram, etc.

My FAVORITE concert, though, was Great Big Sea in 2002. Went with seven friends and it was rowdy and loud and we sang everything as loud as the band did. The best part? Our concert became their concert DVD in 2003, the Great Big DVD. Since we were third row, we're in the DVD a lot.

I'm a concert/music fanatic. I attend all ten days of Bluesfest locally every year (which is more of a generic music festival, just kept its old name) because it's ten days of amazing music and amazing artists for super-budget price!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014