Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Very jealous. Pretty much what the others said. Especially Cali and Beanie. Gwen will shove anything out of the way if she can. She will also jump into your lap, nudge your hand, paw, whatever. (Boyfriend taught Gwen the wonderful "UP UP" and now she feels like she can jump in your lap WHENEVER.)

What Cali said about the cats is what happens with Gwen, too. We have a cat that lives with us and if I even look at the cat, Gwen comes running. I'm evil too because I think it's pretty hilarious to watch Gwen try to chase the cat off. She starts trying to act all tough and growls and whines and circles him. They haven't actually had a tumble. She just paws and tries to mouth him. She is getting more adventurous, though. "Oh you were outside? Welcome back" *TACKLEMOUTHGROWL*

Gwen is just an odd one. We've even considered getting another dog so she can learn some humility. I equate her to a spoiled only child. And Charlie (the cat) is like the foster kid we didn't intend to keep. And I think Gwen knows that!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Yes Ivan is a very jealous dog. Especially when it pertains to me.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Gracie actually gets pretty bad with strange dogs. Gracie, Cooper, and Cynder get along wonderfully together. And yes, if we're showing affection/attention/special treatment to one, the others come over in hopes that they'll get something to, but it isn't a pushy issue. But with Chloe, or I noticed it when we had Seabees, too, Gracie will get not only pushy, but aggressive where I am concerned. And that is a big no no and will be something we'll have to work on when I get my pup.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

My girls really aren't. At all.

They both enjoy their attention but are more than happy to sit aside while the other one is getting pet/played with/trained/whatever.

However, this is something I've worked on from day one with them. Rewarding for staying at a distance when I'm playing/petting/training the other. It's turned into somewhat of a default now and even applies to novel situations. Take the treadmill for example, they both adore their treadmill time and race down there to be the first one on. However, even Zinga figured out very quickly that if she offers a down stay 10 feet away from the treadmill when it's Zuma's turn that she'll get treats tossed her direction too. If one dog brings me a toy, the other either lays down and chews on a bone or runs and grabs me another toy so they can play too.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

I have a corgi bitch so um... yeah. Takes "jealous" dog to whole new level, trust me.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Sport Model Pug

Yes. She takes it too far sometimes too. Screaming and carrying on and even biting Ruby when I give her any attention even if I'm telling her to stop barking.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I have a corgi bitch so um... yeah. Takes "jealous" dog to whole new level, trust me.
LOL

I don't consider mine to be...
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Right now I think more broken heart than jealousy. Neccy and Pepper play by the hour. THe bitey face, and roll on each other and carpet shark and tug and chase. Both play pretty rough, they sound like they are killing each other. Victor is upset by this. He wants to join in so bad but he cannot take being scratched,he is hypersensitive and one scratch from Pepper which happens almost immediately sends Victor to the side licking his leg or side and looking upset. I took him for a ride in the truck yesterday to make up for it. SOmetimes I go sit by him and try to get him to play with me instead. His eyes are so big and forlorn it makes you want to do anything for him to cheer him up. And in the meantime they go on rolling and bitey facing and tugging and being very happy.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

Pepper used to be the worst but I don't let her get away with it so it has stopped for the most part. If I'm petting one of the boys, she would come up and SHOVE them out of the way and then stand there like =D TA-DAAAA.

Auggie doesn't like to share playmates, and Payton doesn't always like to share Georgie. If Auggie and Georgie are playing, Payton will grab Georgie's tail and try to pull her away. (NOT kidding and maybe it makes me mean but I think it's hysterical - it's fair because Georgie will get jealous and grab Payton's back legs and try to drag HIM away, which is equally hysterical since she is less than half his size.) He will sometimes even do that when my mom is playing with Georgie, which doesn't go over well since Georgie is HER puppy... whoops.
Auggie, OTOH, likes to play with just one dog at a time - if he is playing with Georgie and Payton tries to join in, he tries to tell Payton off. If he's playing with Payton and GEORGIE tries to join in, he tries to tell Georgie off. Auggie is apparently not a multi-tasker LOL.

I dunno how Pepper is with playing since she has yet to really play with the other dogs. She's REALLY close but no go yet. Last night she would grab one end of the toy if the other dog had it (if I was also holding it =P) and I would let go and there would be ONE tug from the other dog before she realized the trick and dropped the toy... close. We'll see if she's a jealous player. She doesn't care if Payton and Auggie play, obviously, haha. They are always playing together and she just sits with me all "Snuuuuuggllllllllles!"
So like, ALL the ferrets push each other out of the way because THEY want the attention

Also, Renegade is just like Payton. Nacho LOVES Harley, but Harley is Ren's girl. So Nacho will (unfortunately) grab Harley and pull her to where he wants to cuddle, but then Ren goes and steals Harley back by pulling her by the tail. The sad thing us, Ren will then beat up Harley for snuggling with Nacho

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Big Dog

Addie is incredibly jealous, in a very mean and inappropriate way She pretty much attacks other dogs that get too close or excited around me. She's a brat. We're working on it...