Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 02-23-2005, 11:29 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That is so perfect!!!! i wish the men I worked with could have someone to care about them like that. I was good working with the two becuase I am soft spoken and have a quiet manner...loud people would just make the whole situation so much worse..i thought that was what the dog would do. but I wan't sure .i am glad for both of them.
Gold stars for the school system in providing the service too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Big Dog

Well they had to be very very careful in the dog selection. The first dog he got didn't work out. He got scared/intimidated when the student acted out. Buddy has to remain calm and by his side no matter what happens. He would never hurt the dog, but he definitely 'needs' him physically. The studen't family and the community had a HUGE fundraiser for the dog. Every vet had a collection jar, etc...The dog was soooooooooo expensive.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Wolfpack

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
My younger sister isn't autistic, but she has always - from the time she was a baby - thrown the most horrific tantrums; screaming at the top of her lungs, kicking, flailing, hitting anyone who got near. Our big yellow cat, Gulliver, took it upon himself to stop them. He would run to her when she'd start and if she didn't stop immediately he would rub the front of his fangs on her head to get her attention. Once he got her attention he would turn his motor up loud and look at her and purr until she calmed down.

When she didn't want her tantrum interrupted, she'd just run to her room and shut the door before Gulliver could get to her . . .

Amazing gifts these animals have. Often they don't get enough credit for their intelligence, initiative and capacity for problem solving.
I too trully believe that these animals have gifts. Speaking of cats, Renee, once I had a terrible stomach ache and I was home alone. The pain started around 1 a.m. and it wouldn't stop and I was moving and turning on sides and couldn't sit still from the pain. My older cat (usually he sleeps with me and if I move too much until I fall asleep he leaves ) was with me in bad that night and the more I moved the closer he got to my stomach and kept me worm. I couldn't believe it . He took care of me that night.
But I've heard that cats can sence pain and negative energy..things like that...
Nicco