Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan is from a some what reputable breeder.

Mitsu who passed away in September is a dog that I privately rescued and decided to keep because she had a serious heart condition and Mitsu and Tyler fell in love with each other.

Future Boerboel pup who is not born yet, but should be born this summer is coming from a reputable breeder from Ontario.

After I get a Boerboel pup if the right terrier shows up in a rescue or a re home situation I might be all for it. Tyler would love another Pit bull or bully cross, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But we will see. He really meshes well with those Bullies.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Ace was from a farmer in IA that had a couple of working aussies and he would have a litter every few years.
Dutchess was a rehome of CL in CO.
Sierra was a rescue from KS, her parents were left outside to breed at will and a girl stepped in to get them all into the collie rescue and offered us to take Sierra.
Roxy was from a guy in AR that had working pyrs and had bought a girl for his sheep and she was preg when he got her.
Gunner was from a byb in CO.
Kiley is from a decent breeder in IA.
Courtney is a rescue that was pulled from Canada and brought back to OK. She was kept in OK for a few years and then we took her home with us.

Our next puppy is coming from a reputable breeder and our next puppy after him will either be from a reputable breeder or a puppy from our boy if he's as great as we imagine him to be <3
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Crossbone - Rescue 600 miles away!

living with my parents -
Jack - local rescue
Mini - BYB

recently passed-
Micki (Mini's brother) - BYB
Kyra (Mini's pup) - litter planned by my parents/BYB

ETA - No next dog for a very long time. We're very happy with just Crossbone at this point. But I like young adult rescues.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post

After I get a Boerboel pup if the right terrier shows up in a rescue or a re home situation I might be all for it. Tyler would love another Pit bull or bully cross, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But we will see. He really meshes well with those Bullies.
Tell him to consider a Deckers RT or a Patterdale, they share a lot of gamey pit bull traits.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Byron my dobe came from a breeder on the east side of cleveland (think anyway, my mom drove) and she showed the parents and if I remember correctly health tested. I was just in pup crazy mode so thats all I cared. They were an accidental litter though and they were getting out of dobes and into weimaraners or I would have already gotten another dog through them! Byron has been great temperment and health wise and I could not ask for more. I think he is thirteen this year,I have to dig up his papers. Maybe twelve.

Gizmo was from quarter horse congress but her parents showed to. I think busy B was her lines if I remember right? the lady I boarded with picked her up when she was showing her horse and she never could train her to do ANYTHING so my mom traded her for my horse Now I have a fifteen yr old cogri who just now has a recall......sometimes.

Blitz was one one of many pets that a girl on a horse forum was going through. showed chaz the pic and we drove to VA in one day to get him. Got home at 3am.

Future dogs?

I plan to have another dobe when everyone passes and it will be from a breeder. Chaz loves corgis so I figure he will eventually get another one, we have a large corgi show here and he has talked to a few breeders. Dogs seem to just find us to though so who knows. If we have kids I will have a lab!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Crossbone - Rescue 600 miles away!

ETA - No next dog for a very long time. We're very happy with just Crossbone at this point. But I like young adult rescues.
Can I just say, I'm so happy that you guys got him, he just sounds like he's the perfect fit for y'all

Now, I believe you've been lacking in the photo department...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Tell him to consider a Deckers RT or a Patterdale, they share a lot of gamey pit bull traits.
Thanks Adrianne I will keep that in mind

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

Earl - GSD, was a BYB dog. Bought him out of the newspaper when I was in middle school

Peco - Rescue. He was brought up from Texas by another family. After having him about 4 days they decided they didn't want him and were afraid that their kids would pick up hookworms from him, so gave him to a rescue. We picked him up a few days later.

Hudson - ES. He is a breeder dog

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Crazy Dog Nerd

Dewy (Sheltie) - puppy mill
Rio (Sheltie) - puppy mill
Merlin (Sheltie) - breeder
Potion (BC) - breeder

I'm not sure where my next dog will be from at this point (or what breed). I have/had some hope it'd be a Merlin puppy, but another dog in the next few years isn't particularly likely.
The Token Border Collie
Potion (2.5)
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Charlotte: Was a stray dog that ran into the open door of a friend's house that my husband was staying at in Nashville, TN. My husband got attached and kept her.

Ma'ii: A former ranch dog in NY that we found on craigslist and adopted.

In the future, it's up in the air really. I would like to atleast once in my life get a puppy from a breeder, but I firmly believe the best dogs are those that find you.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb