Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie: Local-ish shelter, puppy.

Blaze: reputable breeder, puppy.

Future dogs will most likely come from reputable breeders.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Oh! Future dog... I honestly don't know at this point. I will have to see how much time I have week to week, and I'm not sure a puppy will the best idea. It will depend on what's available at the time...if I can find an appropriate young adult through a breeder in the breed I'm interested in, I would go with that. The shelter is always a strong possibility but I have concerns about genetically inherited diseases.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Resident fainting goat

Merlin: Reputable (/awesome) breeder

All future aussie puppies will be from her.

Future someday dog will likely be an adult from rescue. Now, finding a rescue who will adopt to me/one that I like and trust enough to know the right dog for me..that's a whole nother issue.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

Ruffian and Tonka (passed) Shiba Inu, both from what where reputable breeders at one point. One is horrible now, and the other I don't know about, haven't been to a show in sooo long.

Gage-mastiff/rotty mix, free to good home dog

Bristol-my bosses daughter rescued a Shih-Tzu from Ontario and I had just had to put Ruffian and Tonka to sleep when they found out that Kloey was pregnant, I put my name on a girl, there was only one. (All three pups and mom have been fixed and are living wonderful pet lives)

Diesel-yorkie/poodle mix, a friend needed a new home for him since she had a job promotion that changed her job site and shifts.

Next dog-it will depend, I would LOVE a Bouvier to show, and have a breeder picked out, failing that if we were to go the purebred route it will be a Standard Poodle from a reputable breeder, already picked out as well. But in all likelihood we will get another re-home. I would love to get a doodle mix that so done needs to get rid of, I will not purchase one from a "breeder".
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Lab Love

I got Duke from a friend when he was 7 months old. They apparently couldn't handle the responsibility of a dog, but their major loss. He is from a local BYB. He's unregistered, doubt they health tested.

Boomer is from a lab breeder who breeds for color, enough said. (though he's only half mine, not much of a choice there)

My next dog will be from a reputable breeder.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Puppy Dog

Max(passed)- Pet store bought yeah, I know he was my first dog and I didn't know much about puppy mills back then.

Cinnamon(passed)- Bought her from a breeder,

Luna- adopted her from a shelter.

Future dog... hmm either I'll adopt from a shelter again or I'll buy from a reputable breeder.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Enoch- (GSDxSibe)- Oops litter from a somewhat neighbor, in heat bitch and one VERY determined boy .

Atlas- (Catahoula)- Working/Hunt breeder, rehomed to me after the previous owner (breeders niece) decided that being pregnant and having him and her DA APBT wasn't working out. Her loss my AMAZING gain

All of my personal dogs will most likely come from NALC/UKC/WCA breeders (Catahoula) with the possibility of an ADBA APBT or Decker here and there.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

Hailey BYB
Petie, Bobbi, Who and Punky: I bred, 3 generations, have 4 generations
Sprout: Christmas Gift from Laura-Leigh (she is by Zorro out of Mindy. Zorro, Laura purchased from me, he was a littermate to Petie and Bobbi. Sprout was from the litter that was conceived the day he died
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Vizsla mom

Penn is from a show& field breeder. Onpoint Vizsla is where her dad is from.

I'll probably always own a V& most likely always from this breeder. I also plan on adding a Border Collie to the mix ..not sure where I'll purchase from but most likely the same place my agility trainer purchased his.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor is from a rescue. Found on Petfinder.
Pepper I found in the street. Stray.
Neccy was the neighbor's and needed help so she moved from one side of the buidling to the other. Sometimes you see her look back (they have moved now) and you wonder what she is thinking.

If i ever have another dog, that depends on my health, I am sure it will come as Pepper OR Neccy did. Just the way it is. Next one will probably be Shaffer but we don't want that to happen at all. Shaffer is my Mother's dog. She is 88.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,