Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM
orange iguanas.

Lucy is from a byb. Juno is from a decent breeder. Happy is from border collie rescue. Future dogs? Eh, I prefer breeders and will probably stick with them. But I said the same thing before getting Happy so I guess I don't know.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Original Twin

Saga is from a local shelter and Nico is a breed rescue. Future dogs will almost for sure be from good breeders. It is important to me, after dealing with a bunch of Saga's issues to know family backgrounds now.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Blackie (deceased) - coworker of dad's found him as a stray, we took him when they couldn't find the owners

Brownie (deceased) - stray that showed up on our property

Rose (14yrs) - puppy from said above stray ^^

Chloe (5yrs) - a classmate from school had puppies she was giving away. I liked Chloe, and my parents let me keep her. LOL

Gracie and Cooper (4yrs and 2yrs) - Mike's Uncle passed away and we inherited his dogs.

Pretty much all of my animals to date have been, "Hey, here is this dog/cat/ferret/hamster/guinea pig/rat...you want it?" And I imagine many of my future animals will be that, as well. BUT, my next dog will most likely be coming from a reputable breeder. If one doesn't fall into my lap first.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Lord Cynical

Kaylee and Jayne are from a responsible breeder. Both were rehomes... Kaylee's original owner wanted a dog that would finish faster, and Jayne's original owners were not savvy enough to deal with the monster that is Jayne.

Revy is from a responsible breeder. Her breeder consistently produces dogs that succeed at high levels of Obedience, Agility and Tracking... which is why I went to her!

Tallahassee is from Grace (RD) - same as Cricket. Same story too - street puppy from Mexico, sent up here for a better life!

My future dogs will most likely come from responsible breeders. With everything I do with my dobes, I prefer to stack the odds in my favor.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Kim -- Petfinder. Courtesy posting through a rescue for a private foster who pulled her from a ditch with a couple other unrelated dogs.

Webster -- Fish store. Dumped on store's manager at around a year old. I knew the guy due to my aquarium hobby and he knew I was looking for a dog.

Mira -- FCR breeders of sound multipurpose dogs who love to work as much as they love to be with their people.

Nextpuppy -- If all goes as planned, hopefully a Mirapup. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably hold out to see how Cookie turns out and if she is bred and to whom in several years. I'm yet to meet FCRs that fit me and my expectations better than their lines.

The other option if there are no Mirapups would a BC, either rescue or from one if a couple breeders.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

Argon- Came from a local rescue. Oddly, I knew him as a puppy, when I worked there, but did not adopt him until I was no longer there.

Gambit- Shelter in NC. Don't even get me started on the disaster that was.

Folly- Foster for the same shelter Argon came from. Not keeping her, though she is a delight.

Cheshire- The token Persian. Private rehome after the owners established persian let it be known that he would prefer to be the only animal. Using pee.

In the future..who knows? I really, really want a LHW or a Silken Windhound, so it would be breeders for them. But if the perfect foster dog came along, I'm open to that as well.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Allons-y!

Danny - adopted from a collie rescue
Cricket - from a responsible breeder
Journey - from a responsible breeder. We raised her litter but did not technically breed them.
Newton - bred by us.

Future dogs...if everything works out, my next dog will be another longhaired whippet of our breeding (hopefully one of Cricket's grandpups). I haven't really thought past there yet, though there are many breeds I'd like to try out, and I would like to rescue again at some point.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Still dogless but in the past, most were strays/ferals. A few came from breeders (those were bought when I was very young so I don't know the caliber of breeder). A few from people just getting rid of them.

My next dog will most likely be from a shelter, unless we choose one of the breeds we want that likely we won't be able to find in rescue, in which case I already have the breeders picked out.

My Polyvore
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Reputable breeders all around.

Rory was sort of a strange situation (he was a 5 month old puppy being re-homed), but I knew who his breeder was.

Future dogs will probably come from reputable breeders as well. I'd like to adopt at some point in the future, so I'd go the rescue or shelter route

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Since it's David's turn to choose the next dog (which won't be until one of the two are gone or we move into a house) it will likely be from a reputable breeder. He has an itch for some odd breeds lol