Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

Rarely. The last time I was sick last year was hormone related.

I work in an office, with people who constantly have sick kids. I'm a germaphobe, so I tend to get weird with people that constantly cough or blow their nose. My immune system has drastically improved with my diet change to Primal, so even kissing my sick husband (on accident, and I don't get germaphobic with him, go figure) doesn't get me sick.

The only thing that really makes me not feel well is when I've cheated and had grain of some kind. I pay for it mostly with a runny nose for a few days. Sugar gives me a headache in the morning but I'm good after that.

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Top Dog

Not very often. I usually get a normal head cold once a year, and will occasionally throughout the year feel like I'm getting sick, but my body seems to beat whatever it is before I actually get sick.

The last really bad flu I had was in April 2006, and the one before that was at least 5 years prior. I did have something that felt nearly flu like this past November, but not to the extreme that past flus were. But yeah, the flu and I are pretty good at avoiding eachother normally. I just tend to get a pesky cold once a year, sometimes twice, and they don't usually last very long.

It's kind of surprising considering the filth that public transit is. I think though that it's a big reason why I don't get sick very often - it's given my body a chance to build immunity to different things probably.

I'm not a super clean freak type person, but I wash my hands a lot, and I keep my environment (be it work or home) wiped down and clean/dust & dirt free to the best of my ability. I like cleanliness, but I don't sanitize and bleach everything constantly.

I also take Vit D every day in the winter, and a few times a week during the spring/summer. I try to remember to take Vit C every day too.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

If I got sick on a regular basis I'm pretty sure Ryan would have left me by now. I am a miserable, terribly annoying person when I'm sick I don't want to be around me when I'm sick, I can't imagine how other people feel

I only get sick sick every couple years. I've been sick sick once since living in Minnesota, and I've been here for over 2 years now.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Stinky Butt

Ever since I had kids, I get colds WAY more often since they are in daycare and bringing colds home. And they are the worst colds ever!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

I get sick maybe 2-3 times a year. I've already had a bad cold this year; I went to an international five day conference, so I figured I would. Got a bad cold.

I often have bouts of feeling under the weather, though.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

I think I'm lucky, like my dad, I only get one every few years. I've had two small ones in the last 5 years meaning I was feeling a little feverish for about 2 days. Sore throat. Nothing else. Still went to work and school perfectly fine.

The last time I had a truly bad cold or virus where I was in bed for a week was 12 years ago.

My mom on the other hand is very unlucky, her immune system is not very good despite the fact that she eats lots of veggies and fruits, exercises a lot and does yoga. She gets sick probably 5-6 times a year and often has to stay home because she feels so miserable.