Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM
orange iguanas.

As far as colds go... once or twice a year? I always seem to have one around Thanksgiving. This year I avoided it thanks to my vitamin c!

I seem to get a stomach flu once every couple years. Blech.

It kind of impresses me that I don't catch more stuff, since my mom does daycare and it always seems like someone is sneezing or full of snot. I do try to avoid the children at all costs though.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Once a year I get a horrible sinus infection of some kind that always threatens to become bronchitis (and has a few times, wheeeeee.) I had an MRI a few years ago (for my brain, not my sinuses, haha) and the doctor told me he saw chronic sinusitis.
But as far as picking up bugs... I know I caught at least one during my time in radio (sharing microphones and stuff, bugs spread fast and easy) but I don't think it happens very often.

I haven't had a stomach flu since I was in uhhh middle school I think - I have thrown up due to my cramps of course, and I've had food poisoning twice in recent history. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I have no idea. I've tossed around the idea of a food allergy since I have relatives with severe food allergies but I can't pin it on anything I eat specifically. I've been thinking about getting tested for lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance recently.

As far as I know IBS is just a 'we don't know what's wrong but something is wrong' type of diagnosis.
Funny since I just posted about this in the venting thread LOL.
Try going gluten free... seriously. Just give it a try and see. I used to be like that too, sick to my stomach all the time. It has gone completely away since I went gluten free. It's like a whole new world because I was just used to being sick all the time for so long. I had honestly forgotten what it was like to live NOT always sick.

And yeah, IBS is "Well, it's not this, not this, not this -we dunno! You just get sick all the time!!" That's the diagnosis they gave me but I firmly believe now that it's gluten intolerance on some level.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I get bronchitis annually, after I caught H1N1 a few years ago.

My immune system is shot, so I often will have the sniffles or a sore throat, but nothing that I'm in bed/puking or whatever.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Top Dog

I get "sick-sick" as in serious cold/cough or strep every 2-3 years or so. I'm not a puker at all, only have done so a handful of times in my entire life. So if I'm puking, I might be dying.

I do, however, get caught up in the very beginnings of my immune system fighting something pretty often. Every few weeks I'll get the sniffles or a cough, maybe a low fever or hacking, but that's it. Mostly it is sinus issues anyway, not viruses.

Jin works around a LOT of people who, in turn, have been around a LOT of people. And he cleans/handles their food dishes. Plus, those military boots track EVERYTHING pretty much EVERYWHERE. I blame him for all my low-grade sickness.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:21 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I'm rarely sick-sick. I get a cold about once a year (usually late summer/fall) when the tempratures change, but get so sick that I have to stay home? MAYBE once every three years at the most.
I think the last time I was really sick was like 3 years ago when I have the stumach flu and e-coli at the same time.
I have a pretty sturdy immune system. Except when it comes to allergies.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Top Dog

It's been years, so many I can't remember since I have had an actual cold. My husband and daughters got a cold before Christmas and I was just waiting to get it and never did. The first cold they've had for a long time. We just all have pretty good immune systems I guess. I have never had the flu either, but I do have terrible terrible allergies to dust. I would rather have a cold once a year than have a dust allergy year round.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

WAY too often. I have currently had bronchitis, the flu, bronchitis again, ad pneumonia all in the past few months. Winter is NOT my time. Especially now that I'm working with kids. If someone around me is sick, I am sick. I'm trying to find some effective vitamins/supplements/whatever that I can take to help me out with that.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Default Kingsdba

I rarely ever get sick, but when I do I'm REALLY sick... As far as anything contagious like a cold/flu/strep I hardly ever... And I work in a preschool (yes with all of the kids snorting all over me). I'd have to say I get a little bit of a cold/sore throat typically once a year. Not usually more than that. Last year it was complete with lots of mucus and I lost my voice, yay. But I am exposed to everything all the time, strep, pink eye, flu, colds, shingles, chicken pox, scabies, head lice, pneumonia, stomach flus, to name a few and I never get any of that. Thank God!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I'm a bit different than most. I have a low white blood cell count and get sick so often, I can't even count the times just in 2012. Ask anyone on my facebook how often I get sick. The worst bit is, that person I passed who was coughing at the grocery store? She was sick for three days. I WILL get whatever she has, and I will be sick for three WEEKS. Hate, hate, hate.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

I seem to get it really bad once a year, technically... but what happens is, it goes away and comes back.

Like now. I started with a sore throat a week before Christmas, which turned into a cough, then bronchitis, finally got a z-pack (5 day antibiotic), cough pills (for day time) and cough syrup with codeiene for night-time. I was totally better - feeling myself, much better. Now the past week, I'm getting it all over again. Ugh, scratchy throat, I'm losing my voice, just feeling weak and tired.

So basically I tend to get sick sick once a year but it lasts for like 2-3 months. Fun.

Brit & Jackson