Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Default Does anyone else not really plan ahead?

I am not really a big "plan aheader". I have never really set any long term goals for myself, or planned my future out well. I just feel that I don't really want to lock myself into certain goals, and miss an opportunity for something different. I like my life, and think that things have worked out pretty well so far. Like this year could go and end so many different ways. I almost cant even process all of it. I am in a serious relationship. By the end of 2013 I could be engaged, could quit the job that I love to move, have a different job, move, have a house, hopefully not but possibly not do any of that if we don't work out (don't really see that though), and potentially have open heart surgery. All of that just makes me want to stick my head in the sand and not think about it! Its just overwhelming! I love my job, and dont want to leave it! I adore my coworkers, and cant imagine not seeing them! I just like to go along and see how things develop, and not really plan them. Anyone else like this?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I am like that, too. Having Hannah has changed that a little. Like I need to have our weeks planned out (she is the kind that needs to know what is going to happen all week lol) and with homeschooling I do have to have a plan but for the most part I let life run it's course.

I figure, God is in control, his Will will happen no matter my plans. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that. If you want to see God work, make plans lol. really though I am like you and don't want to lock myself into one life course and if that doesn't work out it sends me reeling because everything was focused into that one path.

Just like our home. We want to move and we'd like to move sooner rather than later but if that doesn't happen this year that's OK. This home is perfectly acceptable. It works, it's warm and dry and it's home no matter if it's a little small.

That doesn't mean I don't have any desires or goals but I am also very good at thinking on my feet and flying by the seat of my pants lol. I plan the things that NEED to be planned like saving for retirement and Hannahs homeschooling and budgeting and such but we roll with the punches a lot of the time.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

Long time Chazzers know about how well I plan things.

I don't. Except for going to college, everything good that's happened in my life, happened on a whim or totally unexpectedly...jobs, people, moves, my baby.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

I learned a long time ago that planning far into the future doesn't always work out. So while I plan for weekend trips(dog shows) and days off. I do put aside money for savings and stuff. I don't plan much beyond that.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

I keep general life goals and plans in mind (sometimes I write them down) but usually I'm pretty carefree. I used to stress so much about things that are out of my control, and it's just not worth the headache and heartache. I am so much more relaxed and happier now that I've let some of that control go.

It helps me to keep a journal, I can track goals occasionally, and it helps me look back and appreciate just letting things happen naturally.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 PM
such sights to show you

Yea I like to kind of wing it, for the most part.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I am a list maker, a "five year, 10 year and 20 year" planner type. My husband is the EXACT opposite, especially now that he's out of the Army. Where as I say "Hey, lets check into going to Disney Land this summer," he says, three hours before the fact "HEY! LETS GO TO THE GRAND CANYON! RIGHT NOW!" We drive each other nuts with our planning / non planning, I plan everything from the chores I will do the next day, what I plan to wear, meals for the month, when and where we will go out to eat IF we go out to eat, and he'll take 45 minutes in the mornings to get ready because he has no clue as to what to wear, etc. I have always been that way, but more so when I was grooming in El Paso. I found having a list of salon chores helped me make sure they were done, knowing the order each groom was done in, and exactly what time a client was schedule for (woe betide me if they were late, it threw me into panic because it put me behind.) So yeah, I'm nuts. You guys who don't plan actually seem a lot more sane than I do, but we all have our ways.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I am generally spontaneous. I do plan quite a few things but they are the things that are normal to plan. Sometimes it is very stressful and very scary, other times I feel grateful to myself for being this way because the people I know that plan everything are always so intense and flustered and just generally not entirely pleasant.

My Polyvore
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
I am a list maker, a "five year, 10 year and 20 year" planner type. My husband is the EXACT opposite, especially now that he's out of the Army. Where as I say "Hey, lets check into going to Disney Land this summer," he says, three hours before the fact "HEY! LETS GO TO THE GRAND CANYON! RIGHT NOW!" We drive each other nuts with our planning / non planning, I plan everything from the chores I will do the next day, what I plan to wear, meals for the month, when and where we will go out to eat IF we go out to eat, and he'll take 45 minutes in the mornings to get ready because he has no clue as to what to wear, etc. I have always been that way, but more so when I was grooming in El Paso. I found having a list of salon chores helped me make sure they were done, knowing the order each groom was done in, and exactly what time a client was schedule for (woe betide me if they were late, it threw me into panic because it put me behind.) So yeah, I'm nuts. You guys who don't plan actually seem a lot more sane than I do, but we all have our ways.

OK well trips to Disney are my exception. I plan the crap out of those lol. But you have to, IMO.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Nope, I don't plan. Only things I plan are events for the rescue.

I even just wing it on vacations.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13