Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Active Pup

Question registering a pup from registered breeding parents with no papers???

i have an 18month old generation pedigree blue staffordshire bull terrior, his gandad is the famous blue staf stud "levi" from the www.bluestafford.com website...im wanting to know if it is possible to register him so i can stud him but we didnt get any papers wen we got him as a pup, we got him from a breeder who has a registered breeding pair so obviously they didnt register him as they wernt keeping him, so does anybody know if u can register a dog with no papers and if so how do u do it?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Why do you want to breed him?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Terrier.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Active Pup

UK Staffy docu. Made me cry

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfP4zbMukIw

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQH7eM9DAk

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOwZVwGmv0

You want to breed your dog to have puppies end up like these?
PR Lilac Hill's Hello Darlin
PR Lilac Hill's Big Iron
PR Lilac Hill's A White Sport Coat
PR Lilac Hills I Walk The Line
Still with one nutty Ibizan
UWP CH Special Acres Just a Figment
Now a Rattie
PR Arkay's Double Deck Pinochle

Last edited by Dog Dances Studio; 01-15-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: adding
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm

http://res.ukcdogs.com/pdf/lpapp.pdf
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Active Pup

im wantin to breed him as he is perfect..his temperment is amazing his colouring is kind of unique he comes from a breeding bloodline that is tight (not just any old dog is chosen) his dad is a breeding dog his grandad is a breeding dog (check the website www.bluestaffordshire.com his grandad is one of their star studs) there is nothing in him that shouldnt be (like cross/interbreeding).. not being funny but because some idiots miss treat or simply dont understand the dogs they get doesnt mean they shudnt be breed anymore, staffys brought up in right enviroment are the most lovin protective laid back dogs i think there is! thanks for the links guys will check them out
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisyboy View Post
im wantin to breed him as he is perfect..his temperment is amazing his colouring is kind of unique he comes from a breeding bloodline that is tight (not just any old dog is chosen) his dad is a breeding dog his grandad is a breeding dog (check the website www.bluestaffordshire.com his grandad is one of their star studs) there is nothing in him that shouldnt be (like cross/interbreeding).. not being funny but because some idiots miss treat or simply dont understand the dogs they get doesnt mean they shudnt be breed anymore, staffys brought up in right enviroment are the most lovin protective laid back dogs i think there is! thanks for the links guys will check them out
How has he been proven to be worthing of breeding? Titles, etc? How did his health testing come back?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Chris, fair warning, people ask a lot of questions and aren't exactly friendly when it comes to breeding something they consider substandard unless you can back your breeding choices with a valid argument.

That said... I bet we'd all love some photos of your dog and any stories of showing/sporting, staffs are great dogs.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dances Studio View Post
UK Staffy docu. Made me cry

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfP4zbMukIw

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQH7eM9DAk

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOwZVwGmv0

You want to breed your dog to have puppies end up like these?
Just finished the movie. Those people have a lot of issues, not including the dogs.

I don't know anything about registering your dog, but the people around here don't take breeding lightly. Especially with a breed such as this. Chaz is a wealth of information, it could really benefit you to check out the breeding section and ask some questions. If you don't want your dogs to end up like most do.

Chazzers take breeding very seriously.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
and Spy.

I think it's really great you are reaching out for information.

That being said, I encourage you to really take your time and decide if your dog should be bred. There is a huge surplus of pet dogs that have no where to go but the shelter, and many of these animals have nice colours and sweet temperaments. While I have no doubts that your boy is a fantastic dog, the only ones that should really be considered for breeding are dogs who have proven themselves to be exceptional in one area or another (sports, working, conformation, etc.).

If you decide to go through with it anyway, at least get his hips x-rayed and all the other critical health checks done. I am not sure what sorts of problems are common in your breed, but generally to be considered suitable for breeding purposes dogs should pass all relevant health clearances. By this I am not talking about a regular vet visit, but rather specific tests that determine the condition of dog's body parts that are susceptible to genetic diseases and problems.

A lot of people here are very passionate about this subject because they deal with the dogs who have nowhere to go (perfectly nice, normal dogs that are often also purebred). It can be frustrating for them to see people going into breeding that don't really know what they are doing and don't have a good reason for doing it.

Anyway, I hope you stick around and participate. It's a great forum filled with people that have extensive knowledge in dogs (and specifically, breeding and genetics which is very relevant to your endeavour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.