Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Why do we have to pick just ONE?

I'm a lover of mutts,mutts, mutts, mutts! Why? Because they are all rescues and you never know what you're going to get out of 'em.. and I've grown up with mutts (and one toy poodle) all my life and they are the best dogs!!

Buuut, I like the larger dogs, specifically the great dane and bullmastiff. Why? I'm not entirely sure, they are beautiful, gorgeous animals and they have great characteristics. The great dane especially fits into our lifestyle.. we cuddle a lot in this family!

I'm sorry, I couldn't just pick one.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Dobe!

After having one I can not imagine life without them! They are protective and at the same time huge babies you cna still take out in public. They are so goofy and can make you smile by doing just about anything(byron was trying to hide under grass clippings yesterday). they are basically everything I like in a dog. Not to mention I think they are gorgoues!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Corgi bum

I would have to say that my all around favorite breed would be a Lab. I thin the only breed of dog that I'll ever have is a Dachshund. At this point in my life I'm really enjoying having a smaller dog. He's got such a good temperment and is so easy to have around. Very low maintainence.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Permanent Troll

Mutts.

Because you never know what you get exactly. The thrill of not knowing is what gets me.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Are you dead yet?

Border Collies. I love their energy, their enthusiasm, their determination. They're serious, fiery, hardworking dogs and very intense. I get 100% from my dog, with anything I ask him to do. If I tell him to bring me the paper, he does so immediately and lays it at my feet with a flourish. He seeks my approval for anything out-of-the-ordinary and when given the choice, almost always picks the right thing. (Which I'm thrilled with - he has a brilliant mind and I think I'd have been killed in my sleep by now if he was as evil as my Papillon!)
Borders are very intense about everything they do... Yet they have this wonderful little "off" button once they mature. As soon as my BC gets inside, he turns into a little baby and just sleeps and cuddles. He's amazingly easy to live with for such an energetic dog.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

I gravitate towards the herding breeds. I have had GSD's "forever" and will always have them, I defected to "aussies" and I love them to, will always have those as well. My next dog will either be another aussie, I like the "mini's" to, or a malinois. In the end I like alot of breeds, just can't afford to have "one" of everyone I like LOL
diane
Old 04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Faint

Mixes

Thanks Keyodie!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Dobiegurl

My favorite breed is the Doberman. I love their enthusiam, willingness to please, how loyal they are to their owners, and I love the fact that they are velcro dogs. I am never alone because Chico is always behind me. Another reason is because they have short fur, so ,less shedding. I also like the look of a Doberman, which is tall and lean and they look elegant.

I also like Presa's, Fila's and GSD's
Old 04-21-2006, 08:45 PM
orange iguanas.

Boxers.

I love my boxer, Molly, to pieces and there is no way I will ever not own one. I have friends who are scared of dogs but they love her. One of my neighbors, whenever he is over he always has to tell us, "she is just such a great dog. She's perfect". She is just the sweetest dog, so loyal and man does she *listen* lol. And it's so funny how she knows she really shouldn't be in my bed, so she waits until I fall asleep and then carefully jumps up. Too bad she doesn't know that I love having her in my bed with me.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

a bichon frise b/c of their sweet personalities and looks
i mean come on, they are just soooooooo cute!!

plus....

Last edited by Juicy; 04-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.