Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Default what is your fav breed and why?

Mine is a gsd, i love the look the personality, everything. I think the biggest reason is because i grew up with them my parents raised them and it's both my mom and dad's favorite breed....it was great growing up in a house full of shepherds, i believe my very first dog was either a shepherd husky cross or a purebred shepherd. I love mutts too, i have a wide variety in my house. I also love collies, and newfoundlands and st benards and rottys...shoot i like all breeds
Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 PM
tessa_s212

Aw, man. just one?

I personally love the spaniels(cockers, springers).
Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I dont have a favorite breed...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Dog Show Addict

Belgian Tervurns *looks down at Riot*

I LOVE their energy, their intelligence, their charisma for life.

Riot is so bubbley, happy and full of life
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Top Dog

Before I knew a whole lot about the temperment of the Toller, I was attracted to their size (17-21 inches, 37-51lbs) and coat colour. I love dogs with pigment that blends nicely with the coat (in the Toller's case, orange body with orangey-pink pigment). After I met my first couple of Tollers, I researched them a lot and I discovered that they were pretty much (lol...I say pretty much, because I doubt many people enjoy the "Toller scream") everything that I wanted in a dog. They're very high energy, high drive dogs and are always wanting to work. They can be pretty stubborn but are highly intelligent, you have to convince them that what ever you're trying to teach them was actually their idea, but once they understand what you're asking of them they're usually very willing to please. I also love the fact that they aren't remotely close to Goldens and Labradors in temperament, they're very similar to the Border Collie except instead of herding instincts, they retrieve. They're also very happy dogs and are constantly wagging their tails, they also look like they have a permanent smile (well, unless they're serious about something...such as a ball) Of course, I could go on and on but that would take days, so I'll stop here.....there is no dog better for me than a well bred, well trained Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. I'll *always* have them. I also really love Rotties and Belgians (Groenendael) aswell but I don't feel like talking about all three at the moment...lol

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Dog Show Addict

Oh awesome, someone with a Toller! A friend of mine is looking into getting one. I'm going to send you a PM with some Qs
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Rottweiler

Doberman Pinscher.

Reasons:

-Strong
-Courageous
-They look like hardcore canine Warriors.
-Elegant
-Low maintenance (Fur wise One of my favorite reasons)

Cordelia Antonietta Cajas: Rottweiler & German Shepherd

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Old 04-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Top Dog

mutts they can come in any shape and color

you like a head of a certain dog but a body of another? there's a mutt for you! you want a hyper dog that can go for long jogs with you? or if you want one who will lay around with you, there's always a mutt to fit your needs

Old 04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

(I love GSDs too Doggie Mom) My Dad had them all through his life. I've had two. Fantastic dogs. Mine did not look like a lot you see today. They weren't as extremely angulated, although they had some slope. They were heavy boned, strong, sturdy....good size. They came everywhere with me when I rode my horses. I've had lots of other dogs too; Labs, mutts, now my Chi's. Love them too.

But now that I've had a Doberman Pinscher, I'd have to say, hands down, they're my favorite breed. Highly intelligent, eager to learn and work, obedient, fearless, extraordinarily attached to their owner, extremely fun loving and silly, atheletic, strong, agile, good at so many things, I think very handsome and sleek, alert to the tiniest thing in their environment, watchful, determined....just wonderful. LOL. I'm so closely bonded with Lyric....I don't think I've ever had as close a bond with any other dog. Of course, I do more with him.

Sit/stay

Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

I will always have a Lhasa Apso.

-they're very loyal
-very loving
-they're big dogs trapped in a little dog's body
-they don't shed
-they let you know when a stranger is around, but you don't have to worry about them biting someone's head off.
-the "Lhasa Flop" where they lay down and flop their legs behind them. So cute.

I could go on and on and on....