Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Because it's not just about you? The mods have been working their tails off to keep our forum relatively spam free. Now that we have a fix (yes, it's an annoying fix but it's still a fix) people are doing an awful lot of complaining. If it's really going to keep you from posting well...so be it.
Well passive aggressive much? Sorry, not going to keep me from posting.

I was merely insinuating that I have gotten a lot (not a problem, just delete it) PM spam & was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing ... I wasn't even insulting anyone (& am even trying to make a conciliatory effort to make sure my posts don't read offensively ) ... Now can we ease move past that whole past issue ... Geeze!

I was not the only one complaining but yes it is slightly annoying & I was just Agreeing with others

Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
MAny people complained about the spam. Well... they're trying. Its going to take a few times of adjusting to get anything right. Threatening to stop posting isn't helping find the solution. Instead of complaining, why don't you give suggestions? Much more constructive than saying "well, I'm not posting!". Chaz will continue, whether you're posting or not.

Just my two cents.
I'm not just "complaining" and I DID give suggestions!!! And you know what, for some of us it IS hard to do the **** captchas!! I have to refresh several times before I get one I can read and even then I have a difficult time with it. And before you start poking fun and claiming that I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining and it really isn't that hard to do the captchas, I have symptoms from my mental illnesses which make it difficult for me to do the **** things.

It took 5 refreshes for me to find a legible one.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Love My Mutt <3

But why say its going to keep you from posting if it's not?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Ho ho ho off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Since all the spam (at least for me) was in PM, why not put the CAPTCHA thing on the PM? Like in order to send a PM to someone, you have to fill out the CAPTCHA thing on there?
Pretty sure this was just a suggestion, not a complaint.... People really do like to nitpick certain people!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Goodness gracious GIVE THEM TIME TO WORK OUT THE KINKS. They've already said AND made a special announcement post that this is just a temporary fix and they are working on it. They aren't trying to make your life difficult. So just say "THANK YOU MODS for keeping us as spam free as possible" and move on.
Ditto. I think the idea of a required intro post and a captcha on that post is a great one.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Default Academy icumersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
I'm not just "complaining" and I DID give suggestions!!! And you know what, for some of us it IS hard to do the **** captchas!! I have to refresh several times before I get one I can read and even then I have a difficult time with it. And before you start poking fun and claiming that I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining and it really isn't that hard to do the captchas, I have symptoms from my mental illnesses which make it difficult for me to do the **** things.

It took 5 refreshes for me to find a legible one.
Then I wasn't talking about you, was I?

I can't see the letters if there's too much noise. I just refresh it til I can. I'd rather it inconvenience me than spam inconvenience all the mods.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Another forum I am on requires you to post an intro before you can post anywhere else on the forum. Can something like that be done here? Maybe a Captcha for the intro but not afterwards?
Two suggestions that I made on page 2.

3 reloads and two messed up attempts this time.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Silence! I ban you!

On the PM Spam - if you get it, report it and then go ahead and delete it. We don't have access to people's inboxes to delete/monitor spam anyway. If we get a reported PM, we get an email text of the PM and a link to the sender's profile. From there, we can ban the user.

Ironically, the captcha for this post was this:
Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
orange iguanas.

Meh. It is what it is. At least there is an option to refresh the captcha lol.

I do think it would be easier if it went away after a member had X amount of posts, but I don't know if that's even an option.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 01-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Also, when I talked about it being easy, it was in regards to on the phone, you don't have to do the extra 5 steps she made it seem like you do. Its as easy as on the computer.