Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Default What was the first tape/record/CD you bought?

What was the first record/tape/CD you bought for yourself?

What about the first one you loved, that maybe belonged to a family member or you received as a gift?

First one I bought myself I'm almost positive was Motion City Soundtrack, or Fall Out Boy's EP, but I'm not going to count an EP.

First one I received as a gift was Britney Spears.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
The Littlest Hound

First I ever received was ace of base's the sign. First I ever bought were the wallflowers bringing down the horse and eve6's self titled album (which I still love & now have on my iPhone.)

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

The only record I remember ever getting was a Herman's Hermits and the song "No Milk Today" and "There's a kind of Hush" I got that from a friend of my parent's when they were in college. I was 5.

My first 8 track I got was the Empire Strikes Back soundtrack. It's the only one I remember ever having.

My first Tape?? I have no idea. I had a lot of Metallica, motley crue, Whitesnake, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. Doesn't matter who was first, they all ****ing rule

My first CD's were a double buy, Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit, and totally out of character, Public Enemy, the Empire Strikes Black.

I remember I didn't even have a stereo, I had just traded an old dirtbike that didn't run for a cd player and had to hook it up to an old boom box to listen to it It was great. I was so much more inventive back then.

Today, if I can't plug my iPod into something, i'm screwed
Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I think the first thing I ever got was Michaels Jacksons Thriller on vinyl. First tape I think was salt n peppa lol and first CD was probably the simpsons (complete with Do the Bartman lol.) my mom HATED that CD so much hahaha and I listened to it CONSTANTLY

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

BACKSTREET BOYS! lol. I had their cassette tape from their 1997 first US album (I was 7, haha). So my parents bought it for me.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
orange iguanas.

Hanson, "3 Car Garage". Obviously, this is the CD that included the wonderful Mmmbop.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

man, making me feel old lol. I was in highschool when Hanson came out

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yeah a lot of this is making me feel old LOL.
We didn't buy a lot of vinyl when we were kids. I'm not sure what the first tape I ever bought was, it was probably something like The Lion King soundtrack?? My sister was older than me so she was usually the one to go out and buy a tape (like New Kids on the Block) and we would listen to them together, so I didn't buy them.
It was a big deal when our family finally got a CD player... I think the first CD I ever got - not bought, but got - was Paula Abdul's Spellbound. I never mentioned it to him but it was given to me at an event in the park, at a radio station booth, by one of the DJs I eventually worked with at said radio station. (One of my co-workers who is my age told another co-worker "When my sister and I were little, we used to fax requests to you whenever our dad took us to work with him!!" LOL oh man. So yeah, I never mentioned this story to this guy.)
No idea what the first one I might have bought would have been. You would think I'd remember since it was so monumental to get a CD player. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

I don't remember the first tape I got, but when I got my first CD player, I got a Tommy Page CD with it.

I remember many, many afternoons of playing Nintendo with my best friend and blasting the Days of Thunder CD. Other than that, I was a musical theater nut from a pretty young age. Most of my CDs were things like Chess and Phantom.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I don't remember the first tape I got, but when I got my first CD player, I got a Tommy Page CD with it.

I remember many, many afternoons of playing Nintendo with my best friend and blasting the Days of Thunder CD. Other than that, I was a musical theater nut from a pretty young age. Most of my CDs were things like Chess and Phantom.
Wait, Tommy Page is a real singer?? LOL... I always remember the Full House episode and I thought Tommy Page was just an actor, a fake star, hahaha.

Brit & Jackson