Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I find it all very interesting and strange to say the least.

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories. Yes, I do believe with all the gun control laws about to happen in this country... it's a little fishy.

That Gene guy is a total whacko? I remember seeing him on the news and thinking "wtf" even back then. Also the fact that he's a member of the screen actors guild.

NOT ONE parent that I've seen shed a tear during an interview. I thought the father of Emilie was sketchy from the beginning... I'm sorry, I know everyone grieves in different ways, but that is not the normal acts of a man who just lost a kid in a massacre. My parents have been on the news multiple times after my 5 yr old brothers death and still tear up 6 years later. But a month after was the worst. You could just SEE the sadness in their eyes.

No video surveillance at school? The school nurse who they interviewed that wasn't in records? Emilie Parker (child that supposedly died) NEVER seen in a class picture? ... Childrens memorial Facebook pages made a day before the shooting even occurred. And the day of the shooting, FEMA was doing a "children in disaster" drill. Weird is all, makes you think... whether it's true or not, who knows...

One more time. For emphasis.

Theory 5: Emillie Parker is not dead. This is the most absurd thing I have seen so far in the video. The video alleges not only that the girl is not dead, but that the parents were so stupid they brought out the wrong sister for the photo op. What? Do people honestly believe that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTaC580hfPo It's a picture of her sister. Obviously. They look alike because, you know, they're sister's. This guy uses the same photoshop trick as the conspiracy video and gets the same effect. Check out their noses in this picture for further evidence: http://i.imgur.com/iSuf4.jpg

Theory 8: There was a planned FEMA meeting scheduled 20 minutes from the time of the shooting which helped slow down the response time of first responders.(Added due to popular demand). I went to the emergency services website for CT to investigate this. This class is offered regularly. It was offered on 11/17, 11/27, 12/3, 12/6, 12/14, and 12/17
In fact, digging a little deeper you can see they have had training classes like these for a long time, such as this one way back on 4/2/2012 called Emergency Planning for Schools (2 day course):
http://www.ct.gov/demhs/ical/eventDe...CCCDCE83CDCACA
These tragedies have been happening for awhile, and so has training people to respond to them. Debunked.

Theory 3: The nurse is fake and does not exist. This is completely false, and has been debunked with evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61PvN4U3x0

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/585*395/20130115_inq_parents15z-a.JPG[/IMG]

and now that I've had to get on google so I can look at images of mourning parents. I'm so beyond done with this issue.

I can't believe anyone who had been through a tragedy would even think of helping with the sensationalism of this video and passing it around.
Can you just IMAGINE if somebody had taken something awful that had happened in your life and turned it into a hoax theory? Picked around and looked for moments where you acted a certain way, said the "wrong" thing, checked for family members who were also this or that, watched your ever move, accused your loved one of not being dead at all and people passed it around in the name of sensationalism or "interesting things to watch" . Your life tragedy, your sadness, something so horrible it's hard for others to even think or imagine.. being used as a platform for wild government conspiracies and youtube hits.

That is what you are contributing to by sharing this GARBAGE.
I won't add an OUNCE of hurt to what those families are feeling by making this video bigger than it already is.

(and that is a general you, not YOU)

I don't judge how people deal with loss. The idea that the parents weren't "hurting" enough to satisfy the public honestly repulses me.

Last edited by Fran101; 01-16-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
The one thing I will say though - has anyone here lost a child?

I'm sorry, NOBODY laughs at a childs funeral. My brother died at that age and it was horribly horribly depressing and miserable. I think the only time maybe we cracked a smile was when my uncle gave a speech at his funeral and told a cute funny story about him. Going on the news the day after it happens is NOT something that would be taken lightly IMO and I've never ever heard of parents acting like so the day after their child was killed in such a horrific manner. Call me judgmental or whatnot, but we've been through it. as many others we've spoken to since our loss have. Never heard of such behavior.
I have never lost a child but I am a funeral director and have attended more grieving families than I can remember. EVERYONE grieves differently what is right for one is not right for another. I have seen laughing, crying, brawling, and everything you could think of at funerals, all of it in the realm of normal.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
SBT Lover!!

My dad is a member of the Screen Actor's Guild. He hasn't acted in years, but is still a member from when he used to act and model. Does that mean that he was faking it at his father's funeral two or that he was hired by the government to make the funeral seem sadder? No. It means that he is a member of SAG. Lots of normal every day people are members of SAG.

And yes, I do think people who share this kind of disgusting drivel without first researching it to make sure that there isn't an explanation for the so called "inconsistencies." I went to school in a small town in Connecticut, not one of the schools in my town or in neighboring towns had a surveillance camera. I don't think it's even a tiny bit strange that Sandy Hook Elementary didn't have a camera.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
SBT Lover!!

Again, thank you Fran for an awesome post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I have never lost a child but I am a funeral director and have attended more grieving families than I can remember. EVERYONE grieves differently what is right for one is not right for another. I have seen laughing, crying, brawling, and everything you could think of at funerals, all of it in the realm of normal.
Just wanted to make sure people saw this one!! Thank you for sharing, Katielou!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

@ Fran, I saw your post after I posted. Thanks for that... like I said, it gives me the "other side." It certainly wasn't something I blindly watched one video and believed. My feelings were 'wow, a lot of strange things'. But like a poster said in that reddit post, I think our mind does that to us a lot. We think things are sooo strange and such a coincidence when really they weren't. It just had my mind thinking is all. I don't think I'm a terrible person for feeling that way.

@katielou, I appreciate that. I know everyone grieves different, no doubt about it at all. I just can't imagine being so seemingly nonchalant after your child died the day before. I still feel it was a bit off. I think funerals for adults are a bit different than funerals of children as well. All are obviously incredibly horrible, but I just think there's a different 'feeling' in the air of a young child. Have you witnessed many childrens funerals under the age of 10? Just out of pure curiosity. I don't really like thinking back to my brothers to be honest. I just remember screaming, whaling, and just ugh... horrible horrible things from every one in attendance.

I know everyone grieves different, I am definitely not saying they don't. I dunno, the whole smiling and then seeming to get into 'character' rubbed me the wrong way. And it did when it first aired too. But I just chalked it up to he was in shock, which he very well most likely was.

Again, it just made me think is all. I did some research, and now I'm doing some on the other side, and leaning more towards 'ok this conspiracy theorist is grabbing things' now. Like I said, I didn't know WHAT to think. I was sick over it either way.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

I can't believe anyone who had been through a tragedy would even think of helping with the sensationalism of this video and passing it around.
Can you just IMAGINE if somebody had taken something awful that had happened in your life and turned it into a hoax theory? Picked around and looked for moments where you acted a certain way, said the "wrong" thing, checked for family members who were also this or that, watched your ever move, accused your loved one of not being dead at all and people passed it around in the name of sensationalism or "interesting things to watch" . Your life tragedy, your sadness, something so horrible it's hard for others to even think or imagine.. being used as a platform for wild government conspiracies and youtube hits.

That is what you are contributing to by sharing this GARBAGE.
I won't add an OUNCE of hurt to what those families are feeling by making this video bigger than it already is.

(and that is a general you, not YOU)

I don't judge how people deal with loss. The idea that the parents weren't "hurting" enough to satisfy the public honestly repulses me.
You're absolutely right. And I'm sorry for feeling the way I feel/felt. I mean... I can't help that it freaked me out a bit! And I'm not one to be gullible either. I typically roll my eyes at this kind of stuff.

On a much smaller scale, we HAVE been picked at and proaded over with my brothers death. I don't want to get into on here, but we read loads of hurtful comments on local news websites, and have received some nasty e-mails. Not to mention lawyers telling us my brother essentially killed himself ("oh he just jumped into the pool and sunk like a bag of rocks" was their expression to us multiple times). It hurts like HELL. So maybe I should've thought more about that first. My whole thinking went straight to the to-me abnormal behavior in the parent. With that said, there's a lot of other parents I have not seen, so I guess I cannot judge.

Anyway, I'm still reading, and I don't think I'm a horrible person for having it make me think a little bit. I DON'T trust our government to begin with, so I guess when the theorists have that kind of platform, it makes it 'easier' to believe such a thing.

I dunno, again, like I said... I didn't know WHAT to believe.... I'm glad to see things being debunked though.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
@ Fran, I saw your post after I posted. Thanks for that... like I said, it gives me the "other side." It certainly wasn't something I blindly watched one video and believed. My feelings were 'wow, a lot of strange things'. But like a poster said in that reddit post, I think our mind does that to us a lot. We think things are sooo strange and such a coincidence when really they weren't. It just had my mind thinking is all. I don't think I'm a terrible person for feeling that way.

@katielou, I appreciate that. I know everyone grieves different, no doubt about it at all. I just can't imagine being so seemingly nonchalant after your child died the day before. I still feel it was a bit off. I think funerals for adults are a bit different than funerals of children as well. All are obviously incredibly horrible, but I just think there's a different 'feeling' in the air of a young child. Have you witnessed many childrens funerals under the age of 10? Just out of pure curiosity. I don't really like thinking back to my brothers to be honest. I just remember screaming, whaling, and just ugh... horrible horrible things from every one in attendance.

I know everyone grieves different, I am definitely not saying they don't. I dunno, the whole smiling and then seeming to get into 'character' rubbed me the wrong way. And it did when it first aired too. But I just chalked it up to he was in shock, which he very well most likely was.

Again, it just made me think is all. I did some research, and now I'm doing some on the other side, and leaning more towards 'ok this conspiracy theorist is grabbing things' now. Like I said, I didn't know WHAT to think. I was sick over it either way.
Yes a lot of young children and infants funerals. People may not be laughing because they are happy at something but for some people it's a nervous response or its just their brains default response.

I have had more children's funerals that were beautiful celebrations of life than wailing horrible things.
A lot of people when they grieve put on a character to protect themselves. This is how I grieve. I become a completely different person when I have to deal with interacting with anyone when I am grieving.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
...but that is not the normal acts of a man who just lost a kid in a massacre...
What, exactly, IS normal for a man who just lost a kid in a massacre?

My point being... there's no such thing as normal for something like that. It's about as far away from normal as you can get.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Yes a lot of young children and infants funerals. People may not be laughing because they are happy at something but for some people it's a nervous response or its just their brains default response.

I have had more children's funerals that were beautiful celebrations of life than wailing horrible things.
A lot of people when they grieve put on a character to protect themselves. This is how I grieve. I become a completely different person when I have to deal with interacting with anyone when I am grieving.
Thanks for answering - I'm always curious how one gets through a job like yours. I think it must take a strong person! I don't think I could do it.

I guess I should say, the viewing was a lot more wailing and just becoming weak at the knees. The funeral had more stories, etc, so I am getting the two confused. It was all such a blur. I still can't imagine my mom and stepdad going on the news the next day and being so calm and collected.

But I get what you're saying...

We took photos of my brother at the viewing. Lots of people may find that repulsive. We have not looked at them since, but wanted them anyway. So I guess I just need to be more respectful of the families, regardless of what I may have thought after seeing the video, and googling. I was feeling so sick over it all, so am actually glad to take a breath and realize maybe my mind was getting the best of me.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

All I know is its not a hoax... we lost a god friend in it, and its disgusting people are claiming it is one.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13