Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

It's all about what's best for the dog...not the owner. A dog needs a loving owner and should be part of a family...Anyone who won't allow a dog in with them , should wait until they can before owning a dog. Tie downs and kennels are good for in between times, but dogs and owners are a unit to be respected. Renee, you had what I used when my girls were in heat. They could run or lie down and weren't out long. I wouldn't want to be "jailed" all the time no matter how much food/shelter/water I had.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

Tawny the husky is chained out when she gets fed and a couple hours later to go to the bathroom for a while. Unsupervised is kind of questionable seeing as the back of the house is basically a wall of sliding glass doors. If it is nice out we put the pool out for her and she is more than happy to sit out there all day. If there is the slightest bit of wind(she freaks) or rain or anything else she doesn't like she definately lets us know that its time to come in. The other dogs don't really like it outside so they are mostly inside. They only go out the couple of minutes it takes to go to the bathroom. I don't think the husky would go for that.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Top Dog

Joce....about your earlier post..I still disagree with you..I think that people that chain their dogs outside all day are stupid..there is absolutely no excuse..these people obviously have no time for their dogs and shouldn't be owning one in the first place..and like many have mentioned..its a perfect set up for someone being bitten, or something terrible happening to the dog when you're not looking, or even someone stealing the dog right out of your own backyard...its foolish and NO DOG should be left unsupervised outside for any length of time..would you leave your kids outside and go cook a turkey in the house? I think not..

I'm not sure what you do with your dogs, and I'm sure you're not like the people I have in mind, but I stick to my statement when I say no dog should be left outside chained for long periods of time and unsupervised...its wrong and irresponsible in my opinion.