Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Felurian

I'm so relieved to hear it is something that you can help her with. If you can get her some visco (memory foam) to put on top of her bed that will make her much more comfortable as well.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-14-2005, 01:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Anybody heard from the person that did dog massages? I know there are a number of techniques that are suppose to help the circulation around bad joints, ease the nerves and help eliviate some of the pain. I have been thinking of taking a class now that poor ol Mary is getting achy. I do let her have a good long soak in bath water on her days when she is especially stiff. I know that helps me and it seems to make a difference in her to. She is taking the Rymidel (sp) and that made a marked improvment. Keeping up with Victor is hard on her bones, but good for her spirit!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Wolfpack

I'd love to hear about those massage tehniques...Well...I also have to keep Amira from jumping or running very fast...because just a little effort might break that thing on her spine...and it's not going to be very good...
Nicco

Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

((((nicco and Amira))))

I hope Amira feels some relief. You are such a great Mom. I used to do full body massages on Eli, my golden, that would put him into ectasy. But he was just an old, stiff, dog -- didn't have any spinal problems, so I wouldn't want you to hurt Amira if you tried. I just let Eli tell me what he liked. When I found the "sweet spots", he would groan and stretch and say "MAMMA, THIS FEELS SO GOOOOD!!!" I miss that boy...
Amy + Hunter
Old 02-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Felurian

You know, Nicco, sometimes acupuncture can alleviate a lot of pain and stiffness for animals, just as it does for humans. I don't know how available something like that is to you, but it's a thought.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Playful Husky Pup

My aunt had an old St Bernard named Boe and he had horrible arthritus and she once tried out acupuncture for him. It cost her some big bucks but it did help him out she gave him massages also. I don't know I could never afford but i think its a good idea if you can afford it and find a place to do it.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-15-2005, 11:40 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

There was an article in Dog Fancy, i wish I knew the issue number, I am sorry, about chiropratic (sp?) for canines. I have it around here somewhere, if I find it I will post the issue number. There was some good points to their practice. I have no idea how you would keep your dog from being active....that will be difficult. There was also a lady that did a massage techinque she called the t.effect...she traveled around the world working with sick and injured animals. I loved her so much because she said "i don't know why it works, it just does" there is a lot of honesty in that. If I were u I would research on the web the message techinques....i think there is a lot of validity to what they claim. I am going to learn for Mary's sake. She grows older each day before my eyes...slower..it is so unfair.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Wolfpack

Thanks guys for your answers. And smkie I know what you mean...It really is unfair..Well, kisses to all of you and your pets
Nicco

Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

When you talk about the "one" dog that was special, it makes me smile. Thats what I call your once-in-a-lifetime-doggy. We all have had several dogs and will continue to have several more, but there is always that once-in-a-lifetime-doggy for every dog lover. Mine is my beloved Bear, who is 11 now. Of all the dogs I've had and loved dearly through the years, he is the one I've loved the most fiercely. Bless all of our once-in-a-lifetime-dogs, past, present and future!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

Smkie, I think you are probably referring to The Tellington Touch. I went to one seminar on it years ago & I was quite impressed with it. It is used for a variety of problems - from pain to stress to just relaxation. Here is a link with some info on it.

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/ttouch.html