Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I had to move because of a lousy landlord that went bankrupt so Bronki was buried in the backyard there...I don't even have his collar.The vet asked me if I wanted it after he was put down but my mind was still saying nononononono my dog can't be dead and somehow I just couldn't take it off of him. The gallery has become my place to look for him and enjoy seeing that other people can see him as I do...I don't know why, but that is helping. No one here wants to talk about it cause I get the tears even tho I try not to. We don't say his name outloud for it is too hard on Mary. I can go to the gallery tho, and there he is, still here, and still making someone me smile and sharing his good nature with others. That was so "him" . Thanks Chazhound. I can talk about him here without everybody looking at me like why don't I get over it. Only my Mom and AAron really understand how important he was to me.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Well, I have to shove off to work in about 15 mins and now after reading this thread, have to redo my makeup because I'm sitting here bawling. Just wanted to post that I feel honored to be a part of this forum. It is truly a place where so many different, yet similar, people can voice their feelings on any subject without getting ridiculed (even if our spelling stinks, lol). I've met people here from all ages and it really amazes me how these young kids posting on here seem so mature and responsible. Brings a smile to my face.

I do have to say that my hubby, Tony, understands my love for animals and has tolerated it so far. If I had my way, I'd have a complete housefull. But, I do know my limits. I got Nora on a whim and although I know to just go pick up a dog on a whim is normally a bad thing to do (without thinking through) I can't imagine life without her. My dogs are my best friends. After having a bad day I look forward to sitting on the couch with them with tears in my eyes and talking to them. All they do is wag their tails, listen and lick the tears off my face.

I lost my beloved Spencer (Lhasa Apso) 4 years ago at the age of 13. He was the best dog ever in my eyes! I've had dogs and lost dogs throughout my whole life and while I was completely devastated, I did have this "understanding". Tony was surprisingly completely devastated. I thought he'd never want another dog and have to go through that experience again. And yet he surprised me again. So, I guess I'm blessed with my two dogs now and Tony for being so understanding.

OK I'm a blubbering mess and now officially late for work.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Felurian

Group hugs! And lots and lots of Kleenex - we should buy stock in the company . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenlee
I do have to say that my hubby, Tony, understands my love for animals and has tolerated it so far.
He he...I promised mine several years ago that we would never have more than 4 animals at one time. Then, when he pointed this out when we had 6 pets, I told him no, I meant no more than 4 dogs. Now it's all out the window. And bless him, he never mentioned it again, even when we hit 6 dogs and 3 cats!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Wolfpack

Unhappy

I agree Renee. I'm all tears! I love you guys.
Tomorrow I'm going with Amira to the vet and make an x-ray to her spine. Poor thing, she's 9 and she's laying down and wants to get up, she does it harder then in the past. And when I take her out to do her needs she loses her balance and she raises one of her paws to keep her balance *sigh*

Old 02-12-2005, 08:10 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I will hold you in silent meditation......I hope they find something that will ease her life.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Felurian

Oh, Nicco . . . I'll be keeping you and your sweet Amira in my heart.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Love my pets

Nicco, please let us know how Amira makes out at the vet. My thoughts are with both of you. It's so hard to see our loved ones in pain.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Wolfpack

Well. I took her to the vet and they found something with her spine (in our language we call it "beak" and I don't know if it's the same meaning in english). But it's not that bad. But she is old and the doctor told me that she's doing very well considering her age. Well I'll have to give her Rymadil and masage her spine with some kind of gel. Those things won't heal her completely, but it will ease her pain I guess...Well this is what happens with old dogs...
Thanks for your support
Kisses to all
Nicco

Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Love my pets

Nicco, give Amira a gentle hug for me! She's lucky to have a mom like you to take care of her. Our pets give us so much joy and it hurts inside when we see them in pain especially as they grow older. She's a beautiful dog.