Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Default Early Menopause? Or should I be worried? "Lady Question if it wasn't obvious"

I had an ablation done last year, in the immediate aftermath I did have night sweats but they passed....

Well recently they are back!!! But that's not all, I'm flat out exhausted, ok those seem normal.... Par for the course maybe though it sucks as I'm not even 40 and still get my freakin monthly like clockwork... (Ablation failed miserably)

But lately add dizzy to the list... Past few days if I get up too fast, move suddenly etc I get these awful dizzy feelings...

Has anyone had that? My Dr is away until like the 29th.... Should I be concerned? I am hitting google but there are so many ladies here... Thought I would check here first... Though many of you are likely way too young ;-)
Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh, me!

I'm 22....... LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Top Dog

I get those feelings all the time from low blood pressure or blood sugar...wouldn't freak out, but if it's bothering you i'd call the doctor when they return.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I get those feelings all the time from low blood pressure or blood sugar...
Me, too, although I've never thought about the night sweats as being related to low bp/sugar. That could explain why I don't get them all the time. But I definitely get lilght headed/dizzy and feel run down. Also get headaches.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Thanks ladies, I am far less concerned! Still aggravating tho! No headaches either, sounds like some of you have it worse!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I get those feelings all the time from low blood pressure or blood sugar...wouldn't freak out, but if it's bothering you i'd call the doctor when they return.
This was my thought. It sounds very much like low BP symptoms to me. Night sweats can be caused by so many things, too. Are you on ANY medications? Night sweats is a side effect of tons of them and I think can be exacerbated by diet, changes in environment (aren't you staying at friend's?), etc.

I don't think it sounds like menopause...it's many of the same symptoms but if your so young and periods are regular, there are a plethora of other explanations.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

I am on Paxil, an antidepressant but have been on it a while... I am staying away from home right now, we hope to be back in the house in a couple of week with any luck!

I guess stress would be an issue, I mean clearly there was a need for an antidepressant before even the fire, and stress levels have been a bit high... I miss my pets that can't be here and I value my quiet home like never before... This house is brutally busy.... They have two kids (8/13) who are, well good kids, but not the best behaved ever...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

Paxil is an antidepressant that is very known for causing night sweats. I would almost guarantee it's probably related to that, especially if it started after the Paxil. It can take a few weeks for things like that to show up, and any change in dosage or mixing it with even OTC tylenol or cold medicine or something could cause night sweats to start.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

It's either perimenopause, low blood pressure, an earwax buildup, or something else. I get those symptoms before I get a migraine... which relates back to perimenopause.

Hopefully your doctor will just chalk it up to, "being a woman sometimes sucks".

Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

When I am under stress I get dizzy, also since I have been sick & been eating well almost nothing (OH says I look like I have dropped 5 lbs in almost two weeks) I have noticed if I get up too quick or I get startled or something I get a tad dizzy. So I would chalk if up to LBP.

Good vibes that your Doc says its nothing.