Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

Default What do I do for this muscle injury?

ARG. Google just says ibuprofen (which is not an option) and heat/ice (which is an option, but only really helps when it's ON my body, and I can't really do much except lie around if that's happening.

I don't even know if it's actually a muscle injury. I did some...exercising...yesterday morning. It wasn't anything super strenuous, but since I've been pregnant, pretty much any exercise makes me feel really sore. It's also only bad on one side (it should be equal on both sides), so that makes me think maybe I pulled something.

It started out feeling like sore muscles from working out. Definitely more severe than a basic workout, and worse on one side, which was odd, but whatever. Now, tonight, I can barely even walk. I've literally almost fallen a number of times and had to catch myself on something because of the pain in my leg/butt area. When I am walking, I'm limping pretty badly.

I know we used to have chazzers who knew stuff about sports medicine, and lots of chazzers who are into fitness. So...what the heck do I do to make this better?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, there is always "RICE" - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. General stretching of the affected area, too as long as it's not painful.

Beyond that, rest is the biggest thing.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I recently injured that muscle recently as well. Heat, ice, stretch and try to keep it moving without overdoing it. Try to keep exercising and modify it to suit your comfort level . Thats what I did and it healed up very quickly

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

How do I compress and elevate my left butt check, though?!?! I guess my biggest problem is the location, it's not like I can wrap it or easily just stick an ice pack on it and go about my day.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Ask Tanya about the pidgeon stretch
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Sports tape will let you compress and wrap ANYTHING.

When you say you did "...exercising..." what do you mean? What did you do and what exactly is injured? "Leg/butt area" meaning both your butt AND your leg?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

Uhhh, sex injury I dunno, my thighs are kind of sore...but my left gluteus maximus (I guess, it might be one of the other gluteuses) is the real issue. I have NO IDEA how that happened. Or how only one side hurts. I don't know exactly what I did, it's just gotten progressively more painful to the point where it's way past normal post-workout muscle soreness.

Hahahhaa I'm seriously wondering why I should ask Tanya about the pidgeon pose. I <3 pidgeon pose.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Hahahhaa I'm seriously wondering why I should ask Tanya about the pidgeon pose. I <3 pidgeon pose.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...&postcount=155
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post

Somehow I missed that one.

You have to practice, Tanya! That's not even the King Pigeon Pose!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Sports tape will let you compress and wrap ANYTHING.
Very true, but I hate to think of the amount it will take to wrap a butt

If it doesn't improve soon, you might consider seeing a doctor. Falling + being pregnant just doesn't sound like a good mix.