Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-06-2005, 09:51 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
What, you don't like having little slimy solutions of peanut butter and dog spit ground into your carpet? Don't you like stepping in them on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night?! lol! It's the same with rawhide!
It's just hard to clean the toy out and it's not the easiest for me, LOL .
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Active Pup

Puppy can't go out yet for lots of exercise, not had all injections. Last night slightly better (cried/barked 50 mins of every hour).Tried tips covered crate with blanket and Clock placed beside crate. Item of clothing placed inside crate was chewed in the quite times he didn't sleep for seven hours. He sleeps in the morning when we get up.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:23 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
Puppy can't go out yet for lots of exercise, not had all injections. Last night slightly better (cried/barked 50 mins of every hour).Tried tips covered crate with blanket and Clock placed beside crate. Item of clothing placed inside crate was chewed in the quite times he didn't sleep for seven hours. He sleeps in the morning when we get up.
How much exercise would you say he gets every day?
Just sleeping.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Taylor, is that a picture of your pup? He's not part Bernese Mountain Dog, by chance?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Active Pup

He only gets exercise while playing in the house, Mother / father both border collies we saw them when we collected him from the Farm in lincolnshire,UK. Last night bad again, Archie barked all night. The suggestion of moving cage to bedroom , is this a for life or temp. measure.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
MIiA

....my spoiled little guy is used to sleeping in the living-room - on me - on the couch. Tried going to bed monday night and put Jake in the bed-room. Lots of crying later, I was back on the couch and the world was just fine according to Jake. Will have another go at it on the week-end when waking the kids up isn't such a big deal.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Felurian

ROFL! I guess Jake's got you trained quite well!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
He only gets exercise while playing in the house, Mother / father both border collies we saw them when we collected him from the Farm in lincolnshire,UK. Last night bad again, Archie barked all night. The suggestion of moving cage to bedroom , is this a for life or temp. measure.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Would you say he gets a few minutes of exercise? Or an hour?
If you move the cage into your room, he's probably going to think that's what you'll always do.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

LMAO Andrew ... we are suckers, aren't we... heaven forbid if our pups are uncorfortable or upset.

And CT, I thought of Bernese Mountain Dog the second I saw the pic. Really can't go wrong with those markings. Makes you go hmmmm
Old 02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenlee
And CT, I thought of Bernese Mountain Dog the second I saw the pic. Really can't go wrong with those markings. Makes you go hmmmm
He he...while the stud's away, the girls will stray...

Taylor, I would think the crate in the room will only be necessary for a few weeks, maybe up to a month-and-a-half, depending on your pup's individual needs. Like I said, he's very young and has never had to sleep alone before. You don't want him to develop a complex over this. The transition to being alone in a crate is a big change. If you add being alone in a room on top of that, he'll start to feel pretty lonesome. When he's sleeping well in the room with you, then you can gradually (over the course of several nights) move the kennel farther and farther away from you, and closer to its permanent home. It will help a lot for him to understand that he's not alone in the big mean world!

I wouldn't worry too much about exercise--he's really too young to be concerned about that. Puppies his age generally give themselves all the exercise they need (or can handle). But it's never too early to start a puppy kindergarten class! From my experience with my own Border Collie, I know you'll be glad you started early!