Ear Welts?

FG167

Limit has three...lumps in his ear. They don't bother him when I touch them. I thought they looked a bit like the welts my dogs have gotten from milkweed (in MI)...but I don't even know if that's possible in winter in TN. Anyway, they aren't going away and I don't like them. Anyone have any thoughts? Today he was itching them and yelped :(

Three, left ear - can click for larger photo

SaraB

I have no idea, what we have in Minnesota is different from the bugs/weeds/what-have-yous in Tennessee. Maybe call up a vet and ask about potential welt causing things saying you just moved there? Have you tried benedryl?

FG167

I also posted on FB and got a few responses that said they are most likely gnat bites. Which, makes sense that only Limit would have them because all of the other dogs have furry ears and his are naked. He's going into the vet soon (need to check date) for boosters. No Benadryl because the swelling hasn't increased/decreased at all for awhile - that's what makes me wonder about bites - he's had them for about a week or a week and a half. I might just swing him by the vet some day after work perhaps. I am pretty sure they only bother me LOL

Enda's had bumps in her ears like that, they were insect bites, our woods are FULL of every biting-flying creature in existence *ugh*. If you've had some warmer weather lately I would say that's the most likely cause. If they're itchy any hydro-cortisone cream can be applied.

Members online

No members online now.