Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-08-2005, 01:27 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You must have a bigger water proof home than I have..if mine ran around you could kiss my pencil sketches good bye! Mine have to lay down and be covered up until they steam dry. I am always worried about chilling ever since I read the james Harriot book. Victor would rather run around but Mary, my old dear Mary likes to be WARM and snuggly.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:37 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
You must have a bigger water proof home than I have..if mine ran around you could kiss my pencil sketches good bye! Mine have to lay down and be covered up until they steam dry. I am always worried about chilling ever since I read the james Harriot book. Victor would rather run around but Mary, my old dear Mary likes to be WARM and snuggly.
LOL. We just let them run around and get everything else wet while we clean the soaked bathroom .
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Show Dog

since the topic of human shampoo was brought up.. i was wondering.. since there are different types of neutrogena shampoo... specifically which is decent enough for my pup? ..

has anyone used dove shampoo? cause i know it has 1/4 moisturizer in it and is not harsh? .. but i would want to try pantene, because it makes my hair soft too!
Old 02-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Felurian

I'd go with a moisturizing type. Baby shampoo is a good choice, too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Top Dog

I'd stick to a dog shampoo...we take oil out of our hair, but dogs need their natural oils for healthy skin.....
Old 02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Felurian

Most dog shampoos I've tried have made me itch so badly, even the ones that aren't flea killing, that I've always figured they had to be pretty irritating to dogs' skin, and I'm not much for harsh, stripping shampoos anyway - makes my head itch, lol! One thing I do like to use on the dogs in the summertime is a tea tree oil shampoo; it really helps with all the potentially fungus rich stuff mine roll in in the summertime.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Show Dog

so how's this.. i'm going to get him some tearless baby shampoo.. and for conditioner? pantene?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Top Dog

Renee..have you ever tried Fresh n' Clean ?? It's expensive but I buy it by the gallon and water it down .....brings it down to normal shampoo prices. Haven't used anything else for over 20 years.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Felurian

No, I haven't ever seen it, truthfully. One thing I did find that was good and didn't bother me - or the dogs, was the old LOC (Liquid Organic Cleaner) put out by AmWay. I just hated dealing with the AmWay people, though. [shudders] I was tickled to find out about the Neem based flea shampoos, since they killed the fleas and didn't cause any adverse reactions AND supported Rain Forest based products.

In truth, I don't do dog baths on a regular basis - only when they stink in a way that can't be brushed off with the dried cow muck, lol! It's usually a spur of the moment thing and they get the benefit of my organic shampoos and conditioners! My little beauty queens, rofl! It's no wonder they're an egocentric pair of princesses. Move over, Paris and Nicole! And my girls actually do real work, too!

Bimmer is so fastidious about his hygiene that he rarely needs any emergency bathing, just good brushings and an occasional bath. He's a real pleasure; he's got the most beautiful pelt - he shines and shimmers in the least bit of sunshine.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Top Dog

I give my dog a bath about once a month...sometimes more often in the summer when I use doggy bug repellent (since I don't use heartworm medication unless there are alot of mosquitos)...so she starts to smell like citronella so I have to wash her up...

I use oatmeal pet shampoo on her and its pretty good...