How old were your dogs when you joined?

ACooper

I was on a Chinchilla forum, and then a Chihuahua forum before joining Chaz. I learned about dog food from my Chinchilla forum, and my dogs were started off on high quality brands pretty much from the beginning (Rylie was on Innova from the time we brought her home). I have learned a TON from dog forums.

Before joining my Chihuahua forum, I didn't really know about BYBs, breed standards, puppy mills, training, etc. I learned how to seek out a good breeder (how I ended up with Rylie) and I'm SO appreciative of the vast amount of knowledge I've received from forums!
I knew about puppy mills (somewhat) thanks to the news, and shows like Dateline. But honestly, I didn't know much (if anything) about BYB and much about mall pet store dogs. I was on a doberman forum just before joining chaz and learned a few things there, but I do credit most of my 'premium' knowledge to chaz and it's great members, past and current :)

Middie will be 7 in April as well. I didn't have him until he was a year+, though.
Wow, I mean I know Orson is nearly 7, but I don't think of other people's dogs as getting older I guess 'cause it threw me a bit thinking of Middie turning 7 :eek: LOL

Maxy24

I joined in november 2006, so I was 14, Tucker didn't exist (4 years before he was born), Max was 10 and died a few months later. Willie was maybe 3 months old, we had just gotten him (and I believe he was still Lilly :eek: ), he's 6 now. Neko was 2 and is now 8.

milos_mommy

I got milo in June 2006 and joined Chaz in October. He was 9 months old.

He'll turn 7 in a month. So we've been here six years.

Taqroy

Mu was six months old. Murphy would have been 5. Tipper, wherever she started out, would have been around a year old.

And current ages for people who hate math (me lol).
Mu - almost 4 years
Tipper - 4 years
Murphy - almost 10 years (I just did and redid and did again this math. How is he 10? :()

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor didn't even exist yet, lol. I believe I still had Duke when I joined.

Rumor is going to turn 8 in March.

Saeleofu

Gavroche was just over 2 years old. Logan was 5 months old but I was not yet aware of his existence, let alone thinking I would get him!

Toller_08

None of my current dogs were here when I joined Chaz. I joined April 2006 and got Dance in June 2007. She will be 6yrs old in April. We got Keira in February 2008 and she just turned 5yrs old a few weeks ago, and Ripley came home in June 2009 and will be 4yrs old in a few months. And then of course we wisened up (and the adolescent Dobermans drove is crazy enough) that we waited a few more years to get Journey at the end of 2012 and she's a little over 3mths old.

StillandSilent

Argon was 2, even though he wasn't yet my dog. Gambit was but a twinkle in his mother's eye. Or possibly she herself was a twinkle in someone's eye.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'm such a noob that this is pathetic. Harlow was/is 2. We didn't have Rider yet, though my guess is that he was about 1 when I joined, and I'm thinking he is about a 1.5 now.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Millie was 4 years old when I joined, and Lucy was 10 months old.
Lucy passed away November 2011 at age 6. :(
Millie will be 11 on the 23rd. :eek:
Fable was not yet in existence. I brought her home last March and she will be a year old on the 27th.

And related to Coop's post- I was 14 when I joined, and I'm now 20. (21 in May.)
When I joined Chaz, I was well meaning and reasonably knowledgable for my age about dogs, but I did come extremely uneducated compared to now. It was my first dog forum and I learned so much about food, breeding, training, etc., etc. I have grown so much and bettered myself x 253212 as a dog owner thanks to the information here. :)

Giny

I joined in Aug of 2005.

Kassie was 2yrs, almost 3yrs now she's 11yrs.

Boomer was 1yr, almost 2yrs, he turned 10yrs old this past Sept, passed away the end of Dec. I'm so glad to have part of his live journaled here, and when I'm ready, I'm going to enojoy going back and reading stories I've written of his life.

Tilly was our first foster, and we got her not long after I joined Chaz, in Oct 2005. She was 6yrs old. In May of 2006 we made her officially ours and adopted her. Right now she's close to 14yrs old. Not sure when her birth date is.

I only had one dog at the time.

I joined on June and her birthday was July 4. Cinnamon was 5 and a quarter almost 6 when I joined. She's at the rainbow bridge now :(:(:(:(:(:( she was 12 when she passed.

I got Luna 2 months after Cin's passing, aged at 4 months she's almost 5 months now....

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Molly was 8.... passed away when she was 12.

I didn't have either Juno or Lucy back then!

Equinox

Trent was a little over a year (14 months old). From one of my very first threads:

Now he's almost 4 years old (3 years 10 months):

I am members of other forums as well, and joined two of them about four months prior to Trent's birth. I was looking for breeder recommendations and dog raising advice as a first time dog owner.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I joined probably about 5 days before I got Quinn at 8 weeks old. She grew up on here! She is now almost 2 and a half.

milos_mommy

There were so many people here when I joined that left! This thread makes me miss lots of them.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
She was zero!!!!! She's 8 this year...........!!!!!!!!

Fred wasn't even a twinkle in his daddy's eye!

Eta. I was 23.....! I'm 31 now. No words.

xpaeanx

Well I didn't have Muffin or Walsh at the time I joined.

Walsh has been a Chaz dog since before he was even born. lol. He's 3 1/2 now and Muffin is about 4 1/2.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor was 5 months. He is 9 now. I didn't have pepper or Neccy.

Members online

No members online now.