Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I will say that some of the new signs they just introduced this past summer are a bit confusing. I would have Auggie's next title (ummm RA maybe?) except they had just introduced new signs and I THOUGHT I knew what they meant, but I didn't. Even after having them explained to me I was still like "But the picture doesn't exactly... hm. Okay." You can probably just find YouTube videos of how to do them though. The judge was really nice and told me she thought I should work with a trainer who could explain the signs, because we did really good, just I messed up the signs LMAO.

But yes, basically get yourself a really nice heel... down, sit, stand in heel on command and the ability to switch between all of them. Print out all the signs and just practice them. I have a big stack and about 75% of the stack I immediately put to the side because they were things my dogs could do; the remaining 25% we worked on. It's really pretty easy. Mr. Auggie likes to do one day really well and then the second day be like HAHA ARE WE HERE FOR AGILITY WHEEEEE and make a bit of a fool out of me LOL.
You've got me worried now. I'm signed up for a Rally trial this weekend and haven't looked at any new signs or anything for quite some time. I do CKC. I think our last trial was... July? I was hoping to polish off Cohen's RE, but now I'm not so sure...

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
You've got me worried now. I'm signed up for a Rally trial this weekend and haven't looked at any new signs or anything for quite some time. I do CKC. I think our last trial was... July? I was hoping to polish off Cohen's RE, but now I'm not so sure...
I don't think there are any new really new signs for CKC yet. When in doubt though just ask the judge when you get your map.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I will say that some of the new signs they just introduced this past summer are a bit confusing...
Yep, some of those new signs certainly are confusing! The "Call Front, Return To Heel" should really say "Call Front, Handler Return To Heel" .

Once an instructer pointed out to me that the "HALTs, 90 degree Pivot, HALTs" and the "HALTs, 90 degree Pivot, Forwards" had the exact same graphics, I started doing them ALL as pivots so I don't screw up at a trial.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

I recommend printing off the signs and just practicing them. Courtney, Ace and I are starting Rally very soon, and that is what we did over the summer, just practice practice practice!