Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
my baby boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCatDogs_4Ever
NO ONE here will support you for this reason to want to breed your dog!
plenty of people do this all the time yall dun have to be so **** snobby.i am doing this responsibly. i need all the info i can get before i breed. i know how many dogs are euthenized every day. i understand how important it is to get ure dog neutered. i dun need a lecture on eny thing. its gonna happen w/ or w/out yalls help i would have appreiated some constructive advice. my dog is beautiful. he is the cutest shihtzu i have evr seen and i really want to breed him. thanx.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Island dweller

You need to do a lot of research. The way you write makes you sound very young. Do your parents support this? I'm sure you don't mean to sound selfish but you need to think about your dog, the puppies and your breed.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
but please call me Aus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinKalmick
plenty of people do this all the time yall dun have to be so **** snobby.i am doing this responsibly. i need all the info i can get before i breed. i know how many dogs are euthenized every day. i understand how important it is to get ure dog neutered. i dun need a lecture on eny thing. its gonna happen w/ or w/out yalls help i would have appreiated some constructive advice. my dog is beautiful. he is the cutest shihtzu i have evr seen and i really want to breed him. thanx.

Well those people that do that all the time are BYBs (Backyard Breeders) We aren't trying to be mean, we're trying to educate you about responsible breeding, so cool it.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Taco Dog

We are not being snobby Robin. We are being truthful. Trying to tell you what needs to be done before creating life. We care, that's all.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 04-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinKalmick
Of course people do that all the time.. Thats why so many dogs and cats are euthanized everyday.. Thats why so many people have so much heartache because their cute little puppy that they bought from a "breeder" died early from health problems...Not the responsible thing to do...
Old 04-08-2006, 06:18 PM
but please call me Aus.

Please think about what's best for your dog and the puppies. So many things can go wrong. He will be more happy and healthy if you get him neuterd.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:19 PM
my baby boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Are you sure you can afford to go through this? Have the time? Will you be bringing quality pups into the world that will help improve your breed? Do you have homes lined up?
yes i do. my whole family wants a puppy. my aunt my parents friend,...
Old 04-08-2006, 06:21 PM
but please call me Aus.

Is he show quality? How well does he fit the standard? If he is, show him. If you think he can improve the breed, find another show quality bitch. These are the only dogs that should be breed.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Before you embark on breeding, you need to know about your dogs background, research its bloodlines(pedigree) know in your mind what your aim is in breeding, certain type etc, research into dogs pedigrees to find a suitable mate then contact the owners and ask , this is how you will find a mate, but be prepared to pay, no one with a quality dog is going to let you use it for nothing, anyone can go and mate their dog with some mutt round the corner, thats how rescue centers get filled up each day, you didnt say (Idont think, wether your dog is a dog or bitch?) if its a bitch no good respectable breeder will allow their dog to be used on a bitch that has not passed all relevant healthchecks required for your breed, we are not talking about general healthchecks here, we are talking about hips xrayed, eyes tested and certified, etc. same applies if your dog is a male, no respectable breeder will let you use your dog without the above, or in fact if its not been proven worthy of breeding from, if it was people would have been knocking at your door asking to use him. think long and hard about this you may want a puppy from your dog, but have you homes for the rest of the litter? are you prepared to take ALL of them back and refund the money if the owners decided they didnt want them? these are all things to consider. dont end up a back yard breeder, you are doing a disservice to your dog

Mo
Old 04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
but please call me Aus.

This was taken off my ACD forum, I wrote it, not sure if it will help any...

Quote:
A BYB is a "Backyard Breeder" And what is a Backyard Breeder?

There are different types of these breeders...

Some will breed their purebred dog because it has a "nice personality" or another good quality, these dog may or may not registered. They do it to make some money and do not care who these puppies go to. Since they are not responsible as to where to place the pups many end up with irresponsible owners. Dogs with these types of owners end up with behavioral problems and will probably end up biting someone and getting put down because of it. Breeds like Rottweillers and Pit Bulls get a bad rep because of this. Pups may also end up with owners that are not educated about the breed. If the breed of dog doesn'y meet his requirements with the owner, again it developes behavioral problems and ends up in a shelter were millions of unadopted pets die each year.

Other BYB's breed dogs purebred dogs if they have good qualities or not. Many of these dogs have faults which continues these faults to the puppies. They too don't care about where the dog goes as long as they get money out of it. And them same problems happen as above when these dogs end up with irresponsible owners.

Other BYB's breed two purebred dogs of different breeds. These are called "Designer Dogs" such as "Labradoodles", "Puggles", "Malti-poos", Aussie-Doodles" and just about everyother cross you can think of! These dogs are NOT breeds they are simply mutts that you could adopt from from your local animal shelter. All these BYB's think about is making money. These dogs are sold for great amounts of money, often more than a good breeder sells a purebred puppy. It isn't unusal to see these breeds sold for a couple thousand dollars!

Please do not breed your dog. It's best to get him/her neutered/spayed, this will make your dog much more happy and healthy. There are already enough dogs in the world with out homes and being killed because of that.

Only breed if you are doing it for showing purposes and you will be responsible for the health of the parents and puppies and also to the homes the puppies go to. If you are thinking about becoming a breeder, RESEARH, visit with other breeders, go to dog shows, find the breed that suits you best and be RESPONSIBLE!