Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Default I Am having a bad couple days.......

I have been have a bad couple of days .

Ok I had to once again run up to the pet store just a bit ago and decided to take Zeus with me just because he's been a good boy today. I very rarely run into problems with other people about my pits around here simply because my pits are barely out in public. So we're iin the petstore and once again the owner of the place knows me very wells and has known Zeus since he was a shy scared pup and so he alwasy has a special reat for Zeus and a pat on the head. I also go in the evening to avoid people passing judgement on my dogs.

I was there to get a new puppy harness for Pakak when he gets here and some other things that i hadent got before more of the important things this time. So Im checking out the sizes and stuff and Zeus is sniffing all the racks interested and excited about the road trip when then guy makes some kinda noise to get my attention. I looked up and he asked if Zeus was a Pitbull. I just smiled and said yes but he's friendly. The guy just shook his head and said that those monsters should'nt be alowed in public places. I just looked at him and said i have met quite a few more people then dogs who were monsters. He just shook his head and walked away. I don't know its just getting frustraiting i take my dogs out so they can enjoy themselves and they can't when everyone else is judging them. I gave Zeus a hug and kiss after the guy walked away and told him i thought he was an angel and he just wagged his tail and kept on sniffing the items on the shelf. i just love how innocent dogs are.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-02-2005, 07:53 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Sounds like we both had a day of STUPID people! The worst part is the ones that will not learn, will not listen. no matter what. It is the mass of ignorant pit owners out there that have caused the breed such sorrow. Dobbies, rotts have all gone thru the same popularity/public hate thing. Maybe it will eventually get better for the pits too. If it does it will be because of people like you!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Andy

i like walking around the pet stores meeting all the new dogs. my mom thinks im goign to come home with a chewed off leg someday. but i think its getting really annoying about this whole pitbull thing.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Felurian

I get so TIRED of idiots. I've never raised my hand in violence to another being, but some of these fools just make me want to make sure they're unable to contribute to the gene pool!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

I get the same thing with my Doberman. People admire his looks but say things like, "you're really going to have to watch him that he doesn't lash out at someone someday." Or when we were on an off leash hike in the mountains where I live and someone came along and said, "He looks like he'd like to eat me for lunch." My chihuahuas were the ones barking at him in, although they're not aggressive either. They just bark in greeting I guess. But my Doberman wasn't paying the least bit of attention to him one way or the other. He was interested in something along side the trail. My dog is so well socialized to people, it is highly unlikely that he'll lash out at anyone minding their own business and not attacking me or breaking into my house. Peoples' ignorance has always been a problem since the beginning of time. It does make one livid! I just hope this breed legislation gets halted. It's ridiculous.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Felurian

It's not going to stop as long as fear is being used as a goad for advancing political agendas of any sort.

I read a quote in a little local community paper today: "You can't argue with an idiot. He'll lower you to his level and then beat you with experience."

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Dog Spoiler

Yeah that would have made me furious. I would probably start asking him why and see if he could say anything thats actually fact.

Teen + Anger = Guy Getting slapped in the face.

I know fighting is wrong but with some people, some people need a reality check. They need to get it throught their heads that they're not just insulting a dog, rather insulting someone's baby.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 AM

that guy sounded like a real jerk. Meanwhile, I pictured Zeus...such a happy guy having a great time checking everything out!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I'm sorry, but if that would have been me, I would have blown up and caused a scene in the pet store. I just can't tolerate that kind of stupidity. It makes me sick. I'm just sorry you had to deal with that dumb a**...Shredhead is exactly right. They are not just dogs, they are a part of our family. Our kids...