Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Felurian

Teach her Sit-Stay and they learn to put her in Sit-Stay before they open the door. That's what I've done with the bulldozer, er, I mean Shiva.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-25-2005, 01:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The saga goes on..sweet jesus....little boy about 8 going down road with Bronki's old red leash in his hand..my car won't start so i wait a bit or i would go get her. Then i see little boy walking dog..i go out ..say Hey look at you! Good for you! Go Gurl! What Fun! go back in to work. Look at again boy has made it to corner to his house when dog yanks leash from boy..he falls and i am not sure he isn't hurt so i go out dog runs to me...i show him a little leash work (the turning thing) show him to keep leash short (he is't hurt just muddy) and he is doing good..decide to walk them home when we hit corner and she yanks him off his feet. SHe comes to me..i try to walk her past corner and she bolts..so i pick up front half of dog hold her tight..ask her oh my gosh whats wrong...kisses..tell her it will be ok this time..i ask boy Does anyone yell at this dog when she come back in..he says my brothers are meant o her sometimes..kids never rat on their mothers's..brothers are too little to cause fear like this..i try to take three steps toward house and she tries to flee again. i stoop down and she lays on back showing me her belly..i rubbed her poor tum and her head and her neck and told boy

"can you tell them that she is just a little kid like you..that she is scared to come home and that is not what she should be..that this time you are all going to kiss her and not yell at her and tell her how much you love her?" he said yes he would..i picked this big dog up and starting carrying her home..talking with him everystep of the way.big dog...he said dogs just need love..i said kids too..dogs are just like little kids they need to know that they are still loved when they screw up..that yelling doen'st teach a dog anything but love does...omg..why me why me why me why her omg why her? Anybody got an answer for three little kids and a dog? Like Parenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this! He is a sweet child too. Makes me want to yank the hair from my head! Why does the world have to be like this for them? She has a name..it is onyx.....should be sorrow..cept sorrow floats
Old 03-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Big Mutts

Maybe talk to them about fencing in yard? I'm about to cry just reading.If yard was fenced she couln't run off and maybe wouldn't yell at her?
Old 03-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Felurian

Smkie, you may end up teaching a neighborhood obedience class.

There's probably a lot of stress in that house; kids drive Mom nuts, Mom yells at kids; kids go outside to get away, dog bolts, Mom/Dad yells, kids yell at dog, scared dog, scared kids, miserable family. Most people aren't really mean and nasty, just overwhelmed by life.

Like you need something else to take care of - [sigh]

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-26-2005, 01:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

ok..i am sitting on the chiase with vic and Mary..the space heater on us cause i'm jusg cold clear thru today..When the door flies open and onyx is standing in the living room..up spring vic and mary hackles growls chases out the front door..Vic is making a quick cirlce..onyx on his butt..mary closing in when i said INTHEHOUSEVICTOR and he did and they followed..i ran to Aaron's door and Vic ran in..onyx is back to groving that she made it it..and Mary is unsure..i tell Mary IN and she does so i shut them in Aaron's room. Onyx is wagging her tail and sooooo happy....good grief!!!! iThere was a different boy there...i had ordered him back..(forgot that part) because i didn't want him in the middle of a dog fight..so i told him to go get me a grown up and a leash. I am not carrying that dog home again..and I WANT TO TALK TO A GROWNUP..so i get brother instead of man of the house. I asked him to come in and sit down..told him a bit of what happened..said i really want to talk to man of the house and if he would come down maybe we can problem solve. Good thing...the dogs didn't fight..given 2 more minutes outside it might have come to that and i am sure Victor's skin is about as thick as a rabbit's..it is tight like a greyhound's too, about the same coat..no protection what so ever..mary minds me so i am not worried about her..if I call her out..she will out. Now wasn't that a pleasant thing to have happen when your sitting there reading a book on a Sat afternoon? My heart stopped beating hard about 5 minutes ago. i did notice that he didn't have to carry her around the corner..she was in a fine mood. She had fun!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:12 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i am really open for suggestions here folks..... I am serious...what would U do?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

nobody? surely someone has an idea? i can't have her coming thru the front door with force! We now have to lock the front door when anybody comes in!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Don't encourage me..

Oh dear seems like it's all happening to you at the mo! It's obvious that these dogs see you as a friendly face and some sort of refuge! Gus would go mad if another dog came into his house too! Don't know what to suggest really!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-26-2005, 08:54 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i think they are actually getting use to each other..mary didn't walk around with her hackles up for an hour after..and i think if they really wanted to hurt each other they could have..lots of threats tho..and chasing and growling and teeth showing..scared me. I mean whoomp and she was in the living room! she is bigger than mary and young too.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Felurian

Ah, Smkie, I wish I had an answer on the top of my head! This is a tough one, for sure.

That dog really needs a fence! The 12' fence panels you can get at farm supplies are pretty cheap, sturdy, and don't need tools or a terrible amount of work to put up. Maybe they could fence in their backyard that way. That would work even if it is a rental house, as the fence is also easy to take down.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian