Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Apparently that dog wants to live with you or he would not be at your house so much. He seems fascinated by your house and your animals.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so sorry but I she can't. When my daughter brought home two dogs from her father's house I had the same problem. I had the limit allowed by the city. She was suppose to find homes but hadn't so they were with us for 30 days. I gave them to a no kill shelter. Wouldn't it figure that the people directly across from my Mother's would adopt one of them. A place that I drive to everyday. She is overfed and has to be chained to the porch when she goes out, but other than that she is a house dog. They often let her run at night....so everytime i am there she sees me and I know she remembers how much fun she had with the other dogs in the enormous back yard. Poor ol Chewy, other than the running at night they seem to take pretty good care of her. I always say hello to her and try to drive away quick enough that she can't follow. I have a collection of photos that i have taken of each transiet we've housed, We have been a port in the storm for several animals. Maybe it is written in that doggie graffitti that they leave on my trees!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

I think you did the right thing and I would do the same.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

BUT oh what do I do now? Mom suggested that if she comes back I find something to scare her away..like an air horn. What I am afraid of is I work outside a lot. I garden (flowers and tomamtoes for Hyia) and have a collection of little trees. Some bonsai and some just little trees. If I take the dogs out Victor is always on a leash, but that has never been necessary with mary and I can't work holding two leashes. IF this dog runs down here (he is only two doors up) and starts a fight with Mary, I cannot hold them responsible because she will not be on a leash. I do not want to have to imprison her to the house because of this, but I don't want her hurt either. This just so totally sucks! Guess time will tell. They only ran through my yard once today, but this is the day the man of the house is home. It is during the week while he is gone that the dog runs the neighborhood. When this dog bit my landlord's sheltie, putting four punctures in her back (a vet trip) the city said even though his dog was on his own property because it was not on a leash he could not hold the lose dog reponsible. That doen'st seem right, but I asked the dog pound lady and she said yes that is the law. I do not have a fence, and do not have the means to put one in right now. Besides that if Mary saw this dog coming she would fly over arthritis and all. She never leaves the property and loves to sit out in the sun, or enjoy soaking in their dog pool.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Active Pup

ok question theres a dog in my neighborhood that the owners din't care about and always runs particlary when my pups are out and cinco does NOT like this dog and from what I can tell they have the dog out hours on end with no food or water. what can I do? the only place that we've gotten newhere with is elmbrook HS (if they wind up taking him he'll have a fairly good chance since theydon't many dogs due to the location of them)

There are no such things as bad dogs just bad owners!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
no touchy

Don't feel bad. You did the right thing. It was wrong of them to keep that dog, and now he has a chance to get a better home. I wish him luck with that .
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:10 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The bad thing Gaddy is they got him back!!! He has visited us twice today..this morning they were right behind him..but tonight he was solo in my carport. I asked aaron (who saw him by the car and gave him a good pet and its no wonder he likes it here) if he had his collar on but he couldn't remember, he thought so. The truth will be Monday when the man goes to work, cause wife hasnt even tried before..this should have a title like as the world turns... maybe as the dog roams? I got it, Return of the Artful Dodger!
IF i am approached by a dog while walking Vic we ignore it completely unless it forces it's way and can not be avoided. then I step one leg over Victor putting myself between the two dogs and I tell that dog to GO HOME firmly. If that doens't work, I will say it a lttle meaner and with a real business tone to my voice. I might lean a bit that way. Still with Vic between my legs..I do not want him to move a muscle and he is more than happy to comply. I try to think myself very tall and mean looking. Vic and I had this happen recently and it was a boy howdy big dog. That usually backs off most dogs, if there not getting that close I'd chuck a rock at it. Don't hit it, but get real close.There was a dog that hid when I was a kid riding my pony that would jump out and snap at the hindquarters of my pony. This usually ended me up on the pavement and one time knocked me out. AFter that I carried a good sack of throwing rocks when I had to go down that road, if I did hit the dog, i didn't permanantly hurt it, and I didn't get thrown anymore either.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Love my pets

Smkie, you did do the right thing. I wish there were more responsible owners out there.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Felurian

Wish I could loan you my pack of Monsters for a day or two to convince the dog that your yard really isn't all that hospitable. That Collie doesn't even look at my car anymore, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-06-2005, 04:55 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

woulnd't that be GReat? One of Shiva's little looks would just do it up right! lol