Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Puppy Dog

What is the shape of the tag? I'm still a collar-on person but Ruby got her bone-shaped collar stuck in an ornamental cement yard ornament once while we were out gardening - that was eye-opening to say the least!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Resident fainting goat

Ack so scary!! I read this thread and removed Merlin's crate divider all together. He never wears his collar in the crate but the darn thing is just badly put together and now I hate it.

Thank goodness Fable is alright!!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Mine never were their collars ever I had them chipped. I figured that $50 or so was better then coming home to a dead fur kiddo
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

After I posted I was afraid I'd get some heat for putting my dog in that position. Thanks for being so understanding, guys. <3 Of course I never imagined that happening!

Dogdragoness, that is terrifying! Not only choking (which made me stop breathing) but a rattlesnake bite to boot!
Fable is microchipped (it was done at the shelter), but Millie isn't.

As for Fable pics, for those who haven't heard me grumbling about it on Facebook, my computer is dead. A friend offered to try to fix it and um, it started a fire in their house.
The only way to post pics would be if I texted pics to someone and they uploaded them. Any volunteers?

Fable is still a tiny little thing and always will be. She looks like a GSD/coyote and is about the same size as a yote. She's gonna be a year old on the 27th and my brain can't handle that info, srsly.
She really is pretty. Don't tell Millie, who is my heart dog and lovely in her own right, but in my opinion Fable is the prettiest dog I've ever had. She still is a goofball, but looks less like one all the time.

Okay, lately I have a serious problem with rambling. I'll STFU now.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

HappyPuppy, Fable's tag is a circle. It wasn't the tag that got caught. The collar itself got caught and then twisted.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
As for Fable pics, for those who haven't heard me grumbling about it on Facebook, my computer is dead. A friend offered to try to fix it and um, it started a fire in their house.

The only way to post pics would be if I texted pics to someone and they uploaded them. Any volunteers?

Send them to me, I'll PM you my number in a moment. Anything for Fable pictures!

Also you can and should ramble about her as much as you'd like. I'll listen at the very least, LOVE hearing about the little girl.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
After I posted I was afraid I'd get some heat for putting my dog in that position. Thanks for being so understanding, guys. <3 Of course I never imagined that happening!

Dogdragoness, that is terrifying! Not only choking (which made me stop breathing) but a rattlesnake bite to boot!
Fable is microchipped (it was done at the shelter), but Millie isn't.

Fable is still a tiny little thing and always will be. She looks like a GSD/coyote and is about the same size as a yote. She's gonna be a year old on the 27th and my brain can't handle that info, srsly.
She really is pretty. Don't tell Millie, who is my heart dog and lovely in her own right, but in my opinion Fable is the prettiest dog I've ever had. She still is a goofball, but looks less like one all the time.

Yes it was terrifying, luckily I had dex on hand (out here in rattlesnake country we always keep it handy) just a few months ago ... buddy ... Our newest rescue (adopted in march) was bit in the muzzle! After going thru it like five or six times all ready (once with all the dogs & four times with bear :/) you'd think I'd be "used" to it, but it's still scary. .

The scariest was Izze, she as bitten in the leg, & had a horrible reaction, she needed two vials of antivenin to save her which want cheap, but I would have done anything to save her, she was my best dog .

I am glad your dog was ok, I remember a couple of times where I forgot to take collars off when I put my dogs in their crates like after a walk or something & went somewhere, then remembered it after I was at my destination ... I couldn't even enjoy myself because I spent the whole time worrying about my dog .

Everything turned out ok, so you are not alone, everyone makes mistakes. Thank goD you were able to react so fast, your furkids are lucky to have you as a mom
Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Top Dog

Logan never wears a collar at home, only when we're away from home/working. Primarily because I don't want to mess up his ruff, but not getting stuck is a good side effect.

Gavroche does wear his collar 24/7 now, though sometimes when I take it off to clean it, I leave it off for a few days. He has a very thick, sturdy leather collar (Ella's Lead super thick black leather) with a Boomerang slide-on tag. It is snug, there is not much chance of his collar twisting if it got stuck due to its thickness, and there are no dangly bits to get caught in the gaps. I still worry sometimes, though.

Glad Fable was okay in the end!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Big Dog

OMG! Something like this happened to me when I was ten years old. My cat nearly strangled herself on yarn she was playing with as a kitten, and I can still remember how that felt 20 years later. The scissors almost didn't fit under the yarn in that case, but luckily I got them under. It was so terrifying thinking there was nothing that could be done! SO glad it worked out for you!

Zoe's neck is bigger than her skull, so I feel safe that she can slip out whenever. I can't rely on a collar for taking walks where restraint is needed.

*Scout* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Feivel* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Poe* - 8yo Bare-eyed Cockatoo
*Maiya Rose* - 1yo Shelter Kitty (AKA: The Amaiyalator)

~Always with me in my heart~ *Sabrina* Best little cat ever: 10/27/92 - 9/25/12