Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

ANYWAYS, I do think the situation should be taken care of as if the dogs get into a tiff, you don't want to get on your landlord's bad side.

I think asking to tie him is a reasonable suggestion, as is getting a mobile dog kennel (craigslist for $100 usually).

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Really? Because it's been brought to your attention you are obnoxious, and you don't manage yourself. Shall we try pepper spray?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Really? Because it's been brought to your attention you are obnoxious, and you don't manage yourself. Shall we try pepper spray?
Yes I am aware that being differently opinioned doubles as obnoxious yes feel free to pepper spray away.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
If I saw the dog coming I would block the dog from getting to mine, even if I had to take some of the roughing up in the process, FYI wrap last isn't "pepper spray" persay as in now as intense, just mildly irritating but it isn't dangerous.

I have met lots of labs who are like this, not to insult good dog with good owners, but there are a lot of ill bred dogs & bad owners that give the breed a bad name like the OP's landlord.

I had a couple of bosses/landlords who were inconsiderate with their dogs or to dogs in general, notice I am not there anymore.
I've been pepper sprayed. It is excruciatingly painful, and seriously one of the worst physical pains I have ever experienced. This is coming from someone who has also broken their neck and couldn't have painkillers due to allergies, and had unmedicated child birth twice. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of torture a dog, with billions more scent receptors in their nose, endures with a face full of pepper spray.

It's not something I'd ever recommend to be used casually, on people or animals. I carry it, but for life threatening emergencies. Not for annoying dogs. Especially if said dog is on their own property.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Though, it seems as tying up the dog when you are going for a potty break Im not suggesting to pepper spray I never mentioned pepper spray.
Quote:
I always used something called "Wrap Last" which is essentually pepper spray

You did in fact mention pepper spray.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
On the other hand it is easy to teach a dog that they have to stay away from you & only you (mine while they are staying at my folks know what they can get away with with them but when I am home visiting they are perfect angels) I agree, a few shots of citronella spray, though some dogs need something "tougher", I always used something called "Wrap Last" which is essentually pepper spray, its actually something you spray on stall bandages to keep the horses from messing with them.

One shot of that in the face & most dogs will not do it more then twice, its better then lets say, their dog & your dogs having a free for all when one or more of them get sick of being harassed with they are trying to use the restroom. Not to mention it can regress your training (having dogs that will start to not use the restroom for fear of being bombarded by some obnoxious dog).

That is if they say no to the tieing him up thing while you are outside but I would not lie about the reason, I would be straight foward with them, I would say in a diplomatic way that your dogs aare unable to use the restroom even because their dog is bothering them & then ask if you guys can compromise on just tying the dog up when you are outside letting your dogd do their business, then taking your dogs back inside, then letting their dog off.

you could also make a date where all the dogs can be outside playing together for further compromise or something like that (not during your dogs "bathroom time") maybe after your dogs have used the restroom or something like that.

also maybe you could offer to work with the dog to make him more neighborhood friendly to benifit everyone.
It's either essentially pepper spray or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Essentially, meaning that it is made of / derived FROM peppers so use it is "almost" the same thing but not nearly as strong. It doesn't damage mucous membranes like the real stuff does. I have also used a hot shot when I used to walk in the city where there were lots of loose really aggressive dogs that are coming at me & my dog. One shot with a hot shot, most don't want a second.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Honestly if someone peppered sprayed my dog or "essentially pepper sprayed" my dog while on my property it being a stranger or a renter I would kick them off my property so fast. We have a renter right now and if he did anything to Teagan the wrath of Hayley would come out.

The way I see it its my property, my dog can act accordingly. And although Teagan is always well behaved, but if she did something my renter did not like I would want him to take it up with me before doing any kind of training or whatever to my dog.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

I get the feeling that you're the kind of person that would break out the mace if a black guy was walking behind you at night.

Most animals and people do not need pepper spray or any variation of it. That's an EXTREME solution.

You would seriously spray a type of pepper spray at a neighbor dog who was dorking about near your dogs? Not everyone has perfectly trained dogs.

Skittle is not going to pepper spray the dog. Let's try to come up with some reasonable solutions.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

http://www.bigdweb.com/RAP-LAST-SPRA...ductinfo/5202/

Quote:
Rap Last is a unique product which uses the active ingredients of oleo resin capsicum, capsaicine and pelargonic acid vanilly amide to prevent horses from chewing on wraps, blankets,wood etc. By properly using Rap Last, your animal will leave anything completely alone!
http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/re...o/whatis.shtml

Quote:
Pepper spray is made up of an active ingredient called OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) and other inert ingredients.
You were right the first time, unfortunately for you. It's essentially pepper spray.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog