Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

Likewise Moe ! Mach ... reconsider keeping 2 from same litter.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Likewise Moe ! Mach ... reconsider keeping 2 from same litter.
Why? It's entirely posible to raise two pups from the sam litter to be well ajusted adults. I know a few breeders who do that. yes it's more work but can be done

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

I think Bubba is thinking about the breeding side of things? Correct me if i am wrong bub. Yes it is possible two keep two from the same litter, but its a lot herder to turn them into well adjusted and socialized pups, its not for a amateur
Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Top Dog

Really.Hmm, I have never heard this before. Ever. And I know people who have two or more pups from and not from the same litter.

Either way, I have read the info provided, thank you very much. AND, rest assured, I have time and patience for this. I may get aggrevated, but I can do this. For the love of the babies, anything is possible!

I am a mother of 2 teenagers, have a hubby who works tons of hours and races, my son races, the other basketball,I work full time, and still manage to come home and work with these(all7)puppies every day outdoors, leash train each one of them one at a time, clean pens, mop floors, feed, water, swim every few days, then when they are worn out, turn my attention to my elder dogs, this is every day.

I am devoted. I love them as if they were my kids. Thats why this is the hardest thing ever, and I have a challenge, and I will prevail!

Thanks for the warnings guys, but please dont try to talk me outta it anymore I cant let them down! Even if it means my own sanity!!Lol..............Im sure it wont cost me that much......ha, ha, huh, --huh,......*silence*

Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

Not trying to talk you outta it hun, just making sure you know what you are letting your self in for, You just have to realize that it costs twice as much and takes twice as long to do everything, If you are training for a specific thing then you cant give two pups the same attention that you can give one, and if you are keeping two of a different sex then you have a lot more to contend with
Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

I've gotten two from the same litter and I unfortunately sold a couple two from the same litter. Raising two from the same litter just takes ten times more patience. They are bonded to their mother and/or to each other. You'll do fine !!! Work each one as if they your sole pup ! And think ahead now to heat problems ! Due to a dog sitter, I had to abort one of my female's litter. A very sad and expensive thing to go through.....I never knew if it was by her father, her son or a neighbor's dog. As a breeder, in any case these were not pups to be put out into the world. I loved the Golden breed too much to add " problem " dogs out there . Believe me, even 30 years after the fact, it still bothers me. There were 9 and they did look full Goldens according to the vet. I still grieve.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Top Dog

The problem with two Match is that even devoted, you will still be away 8 hours a day, and during those your pups will bond to each other more than you. Are your kids willing to help?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:59 PM
BlackDog

Mach1girl, you seem like a good caring person and most of this seems right on, but aren't you suppose to have homes lined up for the puppies before you breed the sire and dam? More than the total amount of puppies you are exspecting incase acople people change their minds?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

Blackdog, the breeding was an accident.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Yes... it was an accident , but Mach still had time during gestation and 8 weeks from whelping to think ahead. At this point you have 3 left. One with a bad bite, one with possible hip problems and what's the 3rd. ? And you admit you have a zoo. Considering the fact you had an unplanned litter, how are you going to handle this gang when they are no longer roly-poly cute pups, but females in heat and moxie males.?? Dog lovers have to look ahead. Dixie was not the best Mom in the beginning .... if you are wooried about new owners wanting to breed...have them fixed now and give the pups to good homes. Please, don't get into the BYB frame.

Last edited by bubbatd; 04-09-2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add