Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl
Im not breeding again. AND IF I ever changed my mind, it would be totally different circumstances, AND I am always prepared to keep them ALL, as I am this time. BUT, Id have to buy more property! WHICH by the way, is always an option.

Im not running a puppy mill. I am keeping the two that I have got to work on to make speacial. One has an over bite fromhell, the other is very "happy" weird, always looking around, nosey, never makes eye contac, scatting here and there, busy, non stop. Independant, etc. Krazy Daizy.

They both start training for therapy dogs next week. Im so excited.If Daizy changes and grws up some, becomes more stable, she may then go to a new home, not unitl I am comfortable with her leaving.
Which two are you keeping? The two that your husband is holding in the pics? (in the red towl)
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

Really at this point all your pups should have been spoken for or have homes. When my pups were whelped I knew where and when they were leaving. I knew even before breeding if I planned to keep one. I know you've learned a lot through this. Half the joy of a wonderful, planned litter is to know the happiness being passed on to a loving family. This is being a Breeder. Planned babies for waiting families.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Top Dog

Bubba T~This wasnt a planned breding..remember????Thats why I say "not for a long, long time" because NEXT time-IF EVER it will be done the way it is supossed to be done!

The chocolate pup and the black pup w/ the heavy white streak on the face are the 2 I am keeping.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Top Dog

Did you lose a pup? I thought she had 8.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:47 AM
F150 and a .30-06

I'll take one. LOL

Thats all I would need a 8week old dobe and a 8 weekold pit. There goes the house. lol

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Walks into Mordor

Yea, I thought she had eight too. Did she lose one?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I didnt tell you??his lungs were filled with fluids. The vet confirmed that he must have been aspirating milk as he nursed. He was the first born, the champagne one. He never sounded raspy or anything, the vet says sometimes these things happen. He seemed fine, wasnt even sluggish. I took pics before I went to take a shower and when I got out, he was gone. I tried everything, mouth to mouth, the nose sucker, everything-and nothing.
I cant beleive I didnt tell you guys. I have got to go back and check my posts. I cried for days! Hmm.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Awww. It's sad, but it's a fact of life.

There were THIRTEEN in Bodhi's litter!! Unfortunately 3 didn't make it. And they were assisted with hand feeding and all sorts.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Awwwwwwww. Isnt it hard???

Anyway, on my way to the vet, my peke, Gary has somehow had his eyes scratched and it looks nasty-AGAIN! I will never own another dog with big googly eyes. I wouldnt be surprised if they have to remove it this time. With all his other problems, he should be put down, but no, we keep going!!!And going!!!(What are ya supposed to do, ya know???)

Old 04-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Its hard parting with pups that you have bred, but when I did it I had known the new families for approx 18 months before (they had been on my waiting list that time) I had seen the families on a weekly/monthly basis before I even bred, so I just KNEW the homes were the right ones. which made it a hell of a lot easier on the day of the pups leaving, even though I still cried buckets of tears, I still get to see all the pups on a fairly regular basis and its great to see them with their families.

Mo