Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-06-2006, 11:27 PM
and Spy.

No, it has not happened yet. However, the father used to breed GSD's back in the day.
*sigh*

~Tucker
Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Dobiegurl

Quote:
oh ok i have about 19females and 5 males i think
How do you not know how many dogs you have. So disgusting!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Loves off-leash training!

I think people who breed like that really don't care much about other people's opinions.

Our efforts towards education are probably better aimed at those who might buy puppies. If we can slow or stop the purchase of those pups, then the breeders won't have a market and it won't be financially feasible.

So I guess our best bet is to keep putting out the word about puppy mills and pet stores and poor breeding practices. We need to encourage people to either adopt from rescue or purchase from a reputable breeder - and explain to them what a reputable breeder is. If we can get them to understand that purchasing a puppy from a puppy mill or a pet store only finances more abuse of more dogs, maybe they'll think twice before being swayed by a cute little puppy.

It's a tough situation overall. Personally I can't be "friends" with someone so willing to exploit animals.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Permanent Troll

I agree... BYB
Old 04-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Top Dog

Tell me, why is it that if someone is a "pothead" they must be stupid or ignorant? Some very bight people use pot.
I find it very high and mighty, especially coming from people who have a glass of wine or some other drink every night to slam pot. JMO.

As for the woman breeding dogs as if they have the same value as Cherios, she should be shot.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:13 PM
no touchy

Oooooh I feel like screaming. Can you call animal control on her? I'm so angry right now....
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlea
Tell me, why is it that if someone is a "pothead" they must be stupid or ignorant? Some very bight people use pot.
I find it very high and mighty, especially coming from people who have a glass of wine or some other drink every night to slam pot. JMO.

As for the woman breeding dogs as if they have the same value as Cherios, she should be shot.
There is a difference between a pothead and somebody who enjoys pot as somebody enjoys a beer, a glass of wine or a nice single malt single barrel scotch. Maybe not as much as the scotch but the beer or wine anyway.

Can I ask here where I slammed pot or should I PM you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Chihuahua Mum

I nearly cried as I read that conversation.

Can you visit her, pretending to be interested (as you mentioned) in becoming a breeder? Maybe you can check out the conditions of her kennels and dogs and if there is anything not right (apart from the fact she's a puppymill of course) you can call the humane society or something?

Other than that, I agree that the only way to stop them (short of creating more laws) is to educate the potential buyers. Get through to them and it'll do more damange to the puppymill/byb business than anything else.

Also, trying to get media attention on this matter (puppymills & byb in general I mean) would be great too.

Cass.

I've been frosted!

Say NO to animals in pet shops! Rescue a friend instead.
"Raise them to be gentle and they will be gentle. Raise them to be vicious, and they will be vicious.
Problems lie not in the breed, but in the people."
- Dr. Carl Semenic
Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Top Dog

Hi Blue. I don't think you slammed pot. I just find it strange that someone who is ignorant on dog care is called a pothead. I get what you mean now after you explanation.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Faint

My brother-in-law's sister-in-law is like that. She breeds Bichons, French Bulldogs and Yorkies...they sell for alot of money, too. So one day we went down to visit her, and I was DISGUSTED. Two male intact french bulldogs were tied up on a tree in the front yard, and there was howling from the back. She brought us out to visit her dogs, there were about 3 dogs nursing thier litters in one kennel, about 20 female bichons, yorkies and french bulldogs were crammed in one kennel, and 10 male dogs were in another...she didn't even separate them by breeds. She also didn't have one crate in her house.

I just wanted to scream. But you know, it's family (and the same thing is usually true for friends). You can't go and say to their face "You're wrong, you're sick, you don't care about the dogs, and your the SPCA's worst nightmare". I wish I could, but I just can't. I mean, it's fine when it's a total stranger who IS a byb, but not when you're related or friends.

Wow, I didn't realize how many people know BYB's just on this forum. This is just terrible. It's odd how you can think you are the only person in the world that knows one, but then you see a board like this with other people who are in the same situation. I, too, don't know what to do. I mean, it's FAMILY!

Thanks Keyodie!