Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Big Dog

and to me only those making it difficult for me here on this forum are the only ones brainwashed, living in a cave and incapable of their own thoughts....many people have offered me support on the threads, and off of the threads, pms and facebook....thank you to those who will know who they are ...
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Oh thanks, I appreciate being called brainwashed.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Big Dog

and thank you for admitting to making it difficult for me here and throwing out veiled insults and digs
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know if this will help, but for what it's worth...

I don't think anyone here has any issue with you sharing your point of view. In fact, many are very interested. It's the constant well you've all been living in a cave and fed information til you're brainwashed insinuations that annoy people. Being exposed to new information, even if it's not information we agree with, is supported and welcomed here. Debates are one of the great things about this forum and in the best ones, all sides learn. But suggesting that the forum as a whole is ignorant and apparently incapable of independent thought tends to raise hackles. For good reason.

Just my two cents.
I'm inclined to agree. Whatever drama is in this thread is sitting between some pretty good discussion, not just for C/Koolies but for breed structure differences and other general musings. I've enjoyed it, even the (polite) debate.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
and thank you for admitting to making it difficult for me here and throwing out veiled insults and digs
Oh none of my insults were veiled at all, nor any of my digs.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Oh thanks, I appreciate being called brainwashed.
And I'm sure Shawn appreciated being called an "elitist bitch" and her dogs "turkeys". Amongst the many other colorful, condescending remarks her and her dogs have received.

For what it's worth Shawn, I get it, and I don't consider YOU to be the "stuck up", elitist one here. Chazhound has a long history of acting this way towards people that don't quite hit the "popular" role, so it's no surprise at all to me you're being treated this way. I think you're an extremely knowledgeable Coolie breeder, and think you're dogs are gorgeous. If anyone I ever know asks me if I know of a good Coolie breeder, I'll shuffle them your way. Have a good night!

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Big Dog

Thank you Shakou MUCH APPRECIATED!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Um, no. You've got the wrong end of the stick there. And obviously haven't read the entire thread.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know if this will help, but for what it's worth...

I don't think anyone here has any issue with you sharing your point of view. In fact, many are very interested. It's the constant well you've all been living in a cave and fed information til you're brainwashed insinuations that annoy people. Being exposed to new information, even if it's not information we agree with, is supported and welcomed here. Debates are one of the great things about this forum and in the best ones, all sides learn. But suggesting that the forum as a whole is ignorant and apparently incapable of independent thought tends to raise hackles. For good reason.

Just my two cents.
This.

And I'm sorry, but I have a hard time feeling bad for Shawn when almost every post she makes contains a snide comment about Linds, Sara, and/or their dogs. And that includes posts made long before this thread got derailed.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
and to me only those making it difficult for me here on this forum are the only ones brainwashed, living in a cave and incapable of their own thoughts....
My capability of thought has driven me to question your entire breed. Linds hasn't asked me to do this, in fact she's attempted to help me understand and encouraged I be more sympathetic of your stance. Sara and I haven't spoken about this off this thread (in fact, has she even posted here? I know Linds hasn't).

I don't care how backed into a corner you feel, insinuating that we're mindless drones is the fastest way to lose your footing in a debate.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Closed Thread