Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
avaloncoolies avaloncoolies is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prince George BC Canada
Posts: 165
Default

and to me only those making it difficult for me here on this forum are the only ones brainwashed, living in a cave and incapable of their own thoughts....many people have offered me support on the threads, and off of the threads, pms and facebook....thank you to those who will know who they are ...
  #292  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,074
Default

Oh thanks, I appreciate being called brainwashed.
__________________
  #293  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
avaloncoolies avaloncoolies is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prince George BC Canada
Posts: 165
Default

and thank you for admitting to making it difficult for me here and throwing out veiled insults and digs
  #294  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know if this will help, but for what it's worth...

I don't think anyone here has any issue with you sharing your point of view. In fact, many are very interested. It's the constant well you've all been living in a cave and fed information til you're brainwashed insinuations that annoy people. Being exposed to new information, even if it's not information we agree with, is supported and welcomed here. Debates are one of the great things about this forum and in the best ones, all sides learn. But suggesting that the forum as a whole is ignorant and apparently incapable of independent thought tends to raise hackles. For good reason.

Just my two cents.
I'm inclined to agree. Whatever drama is in this thread is sitting between some pretty good discussion, not just for C/Koolies but for breed structure differences and other general musings. I've enjoyed it, even the (polite) debate.
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
  #295  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
and thank you for admitting to making it difficult for me here and throwing out veiled insults and digs
Oh none of my insults were veiled at all, nor any of my digs.
__________________
  #296  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Oh thanks, I appreciate being called brainwashed.
And I'm sure Shawn appreciated being called an "elitist bitch" and her dogs "turkeys". Amongst the many other colorful, condescending remarks her and her dogs have received.

For what it's worth Shawn, I get it, and I don't consider YOU to be the "stuck up", elitist one here. Chazhound has a long history of acting this way towards people that don't quite hit the "popular" role, so it's no surprise at all to me you're being treated this way. I think you're an extremely knowledgeable Coolie breeder, and think you're dogs are gorgeous. If anyone I ever know asks me if I know of a good Coolie breeder, I'll shuffle them your way. Have a good night!
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
  #297  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
avaloncoolies avaloncoolies is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prince George BC Canada
Posts: 165
Default

Thank you Shakou MUCH APPRECIATED!!
  #298  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,074
Default

Um, no. You've got the wrong end of the stick there. And obviously haven't read the entire thread.
__________________
  #299  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
TuffStuff's Avatar
TuffStuff TuffStuff is offline
Twin 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know if this will help, but for what it's worth...

I don't think anyone here has any issue with you sharing your point of view. In fact, many are very interested. It's the constant well you've all been living in a cave and fed information til you're brainwashed insinuations that annoy people. Being exposed to new information, even if it's not information we agree with, is supported and welcomed here. Debates are one of the great things about this forum and in the best ones, all sides learn. But suggesting that the forum as a whole is ignorant and apparently incapable of independent thought tends to raise hackles. For good reason.

Just my two cents.
This.

And I'm sorry, but I have a hard time feeling bad for Shawn when almost every post she makes contains a snide comment about Linds, Sara, and/or their dogs. And that includes posts made long before this thread got derailed.
__________________
  #300  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
and to me only those making it difficult for me here on this forum are the only ones brainwashed, living in a cave and incapable of their own thoughts....
My capability of thought has driven me to question your entire breed. Linds hasn't asked me to do this, in fact she's attempted to help me understand and encouraged I be more sympathetic of your stance. Sara and I haven't spoken about this off this thread (in fact, has she even posted here? I know Linds hasn't).

I don't care how backed into a corner you feel, insinuating that we're mindless drones is the fastest way to lose your footing in a debate.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site