Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
I have been :under attack" by the same group of people (we could sum it up to be those on the last 3 pages or so...appoligize to any on there that got grouped up)...since my "welcome" to chaz....so this doesnt surprise me at all...

And I am not forgetting the other coolie owners on the forum...i have not seen them around really, linds and sara are the predominant presence, probably why they come up more of not all the time...) They are extremely active on this forum so draw more attention I guess...and yes their breeder has unethical practices...severe one IMO
Sorry to burst the little bubble for those who are Linds and Sara fans...

More research into new breeds when being presented is not a bad thing...i didnt think me wanting to share a different opinion would be seen as a "caracter assasination attempt"

This forum to me was explained to be a place where knowledgeable people in the dog sport and breeding world get together....a place with high regards for proper breeding practices and dog care in general...now that i point out that a valued member of your group might have put such important ethical beliefs aside to obtain a coolie on breeding rights might be a bit disconcerning yes but not worth accusing me of; "not having coolies" or that coolies as a breed is actually not a breed, or that I have mutts or any of the other really hard things mentioned above
Again, you are ASSuming that people have not done their own research.

Maybe, you would get your point across if you had enough faith in how awesomg your dogs are that you didn't feel the need to put down another breeder (WHOSE DOGS ARE IN YOUR LINES) every. single. time. you post. But you obviously don't have that much faith in your dogs.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
  #232  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Psyfalcon Psyfalcon is offline
Fishies!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,322
Default

You need to back up your opinions. Facts, links, and so on.

We've been essentially asked to take you at your word, because of a lot of the links you've posted, which I have followed, or tried to find, are not very convincing.

You have admitted that we are working with a basic understanding of these dogs. Seriously then, where is the information.
__________________
Buster
PhotoBlog
  #233  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,069
Default

No one is attacking the OP any more than the OP has attacked other breeders. Pointing out inconsistances and FACTS that she has brought up does not constitute an attack.
__________________
  #234  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM
avaloncoolies avaloncoolies is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prince George BC Canada
Posts: 165
Default

this breed has limited online information....that is my point!! It is extremely hard to find information, and then when you find it you have to know if the provenence is reliable or not...very very hard breed to navigate in ABSOLUTly...so I always invite people seriously interested in learning more to pick up the phone and call the breeders that DONT HAVE web sites, talk to the source, the ones that have a australian calling code...not a USA or a Canadian one for that matter, dont take my word for it please dont....call, talk to others then lyself and Linds, Sara, Nina etc...
  #235  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
this breed has limited online information....that is my point!! It is extremely hard to find information, and then when you find it you have to know if the provenence is reliable or not...very very hard breed to navigate in ABSOLUTly...so I always invite people seriously interested in learning more to pick up the phone and call the breeders that DONT HAVE web sites, talk to the source, the ones that have a australian calling code...not a USA or a Canadian one for that matter, dont take my word for it please dont....call, talk to others then lyself and Linds, Sara, Nina etc...
But how do you know those interested in K/Coolies haven't?
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
  #236  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Nope, you're not going crazy.

Apparently Toolalla Collies are lowly chickens, and Avalon has the real ones. We're so lucky that she's here to show us what real coolies are
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
OH. So you are allowed to bash another breeder, who is not on the forum to defend themselves, and 2 young ladies, because they don't follow your ethics. But we are all idiots for asking you questions because you don't follow our ethics?


Look, we have dogs of all kinds here on chaz.
Show, working, pet, rescue, BYB, mixed, purebred, huge, small.. and I didn't even think the rule needed to be written down but WE, as a community of dog lovers , DO NOT BASH EACH-OTHERS DOGS REGARDLESS OF BREED CONFLICTS.
Your constant little snarky stupid remarks (showing off merles/chickens/whatever) is a huge part of what is rubbing people the wrong way. If your dogs were that great, you wouldn't have to stoop so low.

Even never having met them, just from the bits of those dogs I have seen on this forum, I can say with confidence that Trav, Zinga and Didgie are AWESOME dogs and any breed should be happy to have them as examples. You don't like their breeder? fine. You've said it, they've answered questions about it. You don't get to decide which c/koolie breeders are worthy. that's up to people buying dogs and they have made their choice so LET IT GO. And frankly, the proof is in the pudding and let's just say... I like their pudding.

But more than the fact that I know their dogs and I know Linds and Sara.. you know how I REALLY know that they are, at their core, better people and better dogs.
because they don't spend their time mud slinging at anyone who doesn't agree with them or putting down other people's dogs.

I have a show aussie.
There are others here with aussies from working lines (I believe Cara) and rescues like sawyer and sport dogs too!
I can't imagine what state of mind (elitist, mean, crazy) I would have to be to insult their dogs, call them any kind of fowl, or suggest my dog is better just because I like his breeder more or I think he is a "true aussie". Everyones has breeding practices they like, ones they don't, places they would like to get dogs and not.. but we are a COMMUNITY. "I don't support _____ breeder of ______" =/= YOUR DOG IS NOT A REAL _____ AND MINE ARE AND ONLY I CAN TELL WHAT REAL ________ LOOK LIKE BECAUSE I'M THE RULER OF ALL _______! I DONT NEED PROOF SO THERE!!

Linds and Sara have taken their LARGE share of questions and answered with politeness, grace, understanding and openness. Which is much more than I can say for you.
As for why they aren't present in this thread.. it's unsurprising they have chosen to bow out of your drama instead of feeding into it.
__________________
  #237  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
avaloncoolies avaloncoolies is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prince George BC Canada
Posts: 165
Default

I think a consistent reaccurance on my threads IS...THERE ARE SO MANY MORE BREEDERS AND SOURCES OUT THERE...not just what you all have available...

and I do think people on chaz would have the same ethical expectations as I do...no culling pups, no inbreeding (there is a difference between line breeding and inbreeding), no merle to merle breeding, proper puppy raising and dog care, contracts, puppy placement being appropriate and not misleading to do puppy testing for puppy matches when one doesnt know what a volhard test is etc....
  #238  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
I think a consistent reaccurance on my threads IS...THERE ARE SO MANY MORE BREEDERS AND SOURCES OUT THERE...not just what you all have available...

and I do think people on chaz would have the same ethical expectations as I do...no culling pups, no inbreeding (there is a difference between line breeding and inbreeding), no merle to merle breeding, proper puppy raising and dog care, contracts, puppy placement being appropriate and not misleading to do puppy testing for puppy matches when one doesnt know what a volhard test is etc....
Again, how do you know people haven't contacted other breeders? (Why yes, I will keep asking. Stop beating around the bush and answer the question, and I'll stop )
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
  #239  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

I can't possibly read everything on my phone but I skimmed and I'm still confused.

Maybe the answer isn't out there, maybe this type of dog, containing styles by every breeder, is too vague for those of us in the Standardized dog breed cultures to grasp.

Btw, thems some mighty pretty chickens.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
  #240  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Btw, thems some mighty pretty chickens.
DAMMIT ZINGA!! GET OUT OF THIS THREAD!!

__________________
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site