Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Big Dog

not all are reluctant, but some definatly are...thank you to those that are seeking answers for knowledge not just looking to disprove
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Big Dog

no coolie is "right" or "wrong"....no koolie either...what defines the coolies/koolies in my approval of right or wrong are breeding practices only, not dogs or names....ethics is what defines right or wrong for me
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
and i will refer to the "sense of humor" comment made to me earlier about how important it was to have one to be on this forum...and I have always (see welcome thread) have been upfront with my consern regarding Linds and Saras representation of the breed on this forum....that is no secret at all....

It is hard to to offer a different side to this breed in this forum, chazpeople here (at least the ones posting on the threads i have been on) are reluctant to accept \anything diffeent then what they know...
It is important to have a sense of humour here. However, I haven't seen and don't see anything remotely funny in your posts about these dogs.

And I also haven't seen the other Koolie owners on Chaz, which is NOT just Linds and Sara, though you can't seem to remember there are others, represent the breed anywhere other than talking about their own personally experiences with them. So really, trying to drag their name through the mud isn't exactly going well for you.

YOU are the one who came here touting that you were going to "enlighten" us all. So far I haven't been enlightened. Just confused.
Top Dog

The first 15 pages are of people asking you questions. Nicely.

You just refuse to use logic.

And continuing to bash Linds and Sara will get you no where. I don't even know these people and you're coming off as an elitist bitch.

Someone should be able to ID the breed of a dog without 'training'. That's a ridiculous logic. You are making no sense to me.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaloncoolies View Post
no coolie is "right" or "wrong"....no koolie either...what defines the coolies/koolies in my approval of right or wrong are breeding practices only, not dogs or names....ethics is what defines right or wrong for me
OH. So you are allowed to bash another breeder, who is not on the forum to defend themselves, and 2 young ladies, because they don't follow your ethics. But we are all idiots for asking you questions because you don't follow our ethics?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Aleron, I specified, or maybe only Fran and Shai saw it, that I accept variance in the breed. However I was thrown by using variance in a single litter as "okay".

If I go for a litter I want to know what I'll be eating. I'm confused by anyone who does not.
The point is that in a breed like Coolies or BCs, for some people, the only thing that they want is that they can move the sheep. So it doesn't matter if that litter has 20 lb dogs or 40 lb dogs, smooth, rough or color. The consistent trait that the buyer is looking for would be that the dogs can do the work. Of course, if one wants a standardized look or size, one wouldn't be looking for that litter and that breeder.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
OH. So you are allowed to bash another breeder, who is not on the forum to defend themselves, and 2 young ladies, because they don't follow your ethics. But we are all idiots for asking you questions because you don't follow our ethics?
NO NO NO JESS.

They were PLANNING to breed merle to merle. According to avalon. But she can offer no proof of this. Despite being asked repeatedly. And they conceived to STEAL ONE OF HER PUPPIES to breed to Trav! Despite offering no proof of this.

so obviously they are bad m'kay. Not that they don't follow her ethics, because so far, everything they've said about ethics and everything she's said about being ethical (merle to merle is all I've got on that, actually, aside from dogs living on chains and culling puppies, which I don't think either one of them has done like, ever) has been the exact same. SHE KNOWS what they were planning on doing.

DUH.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM
SBT Lover!!

Just wanted to jump in and say that this thread sort of seems like it's started attacking OP, who, to me, seems like she is just trying to educate about the breed. Maybe take it down a notch?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Big Dog

I have been :under attack" by the same group of people (we could sum it up to be those on the last 3 pages or so...appoligize to any on there that got grouped up)...since my "welcome" to chaz....so this doesnt surprise me at all...

And I am not forgetting the other coolie owners on the forum...i have not seen them around really, linds and sara are the predominant presence, probably why they come up more of not all the time...) They are extremely active on this forum so draw more attention I guess...and yes their breeder has unethical practices...severe one IMO
Sorry to burst the little bubble for those who are Linds and Sara fans...

More research into new breeds when being presented is not a bad thing...i didnt think me wanting to share a different opinion would be seen as a "caracter assasination attempt"

This forum to me was explained to be a place where knowledgeable people in the dog sport and breeding world get together....a place with high regards for proper breeding practices and dog care in general...now that i point out that a valued member of your group might have put such important ethical beliefs aside to obtain a coolie on breeding rights might be a bit disconcerning yes but not worth accusing me of; "not having coolies" or that coolies as a breed is actually not a breed, or that I have mutts or any of the other really hard things mentioned above
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM
such sights to show you

I guess I do and don't understand what this thread is even about or what points people are trying to make.

Is it to "prove" that c/koolies aren't really a breed because they don't appear to have a consistent standard? I mean, someone else dragged Alaskans into this, and when I say all my future dogs will likely be Alaskans, you all know what I'm talking about, right? So... what?

Closed Thread