Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Top Dog

Default Doctor Who Series 7 (yes, there will be spoilers!)

I figured it was time for a Chazhound DW S7 thread. Let's discuss!

After tonight's episode, I have a STRONG feeling we're going to see a regeneration earlier than expected. The last I heard was Matt Smith was signed until2014, but then later he denied that. I'm not saying we're getting a Christmas regeneration, but I just don't see him hanging on until the end of 2013. This season so far he's reminding me a lot of the 10th Doctor shortly before his regeneration, especially in A Town Called Mercy the way he just snaps. Granted, a new companion ought to change him quite a bit, but it feels like there's more.

And, I think the Master will be back soon. Why did he mention the Master when he was talking to Amy? She wouldn't have any idea who he is. Why didn't she ask what he was talking about? My current theory is that the chronological order for the Doctor this season is Ep. 1, Ep. 5, and I have yet to determine the running order for Ep. 2-4, but possibly 2, 4, 3. So possibly something happens in episode 4 (which we've heard practically NOTHING about previously compared to the other episodes this season) with the Master.

The Doctor is so...touchy? dark? because for him, Amy and Rory have already left (I think Amy will die, but we'll see), so every time he gets reminded of the fact they will leave some day (or from his view are already gone), he loses it. This is him going back and visiting them before they left/died, and before he gets his new companion.

There's something with the lights. And Christmas. I just haven't put my finger on it yet.

Okay I'm going to stop rambling now. Discuss!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

I have yet to be able to see this season :'( The singular reason I dont like not having TV is being a Whovian with no Dr. But from the first part of episode one I cant WAIT to watch the others.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Won't be able to watch it until it is either release on dvd or comes out on netflix. So I need to stay away from this thread. Lol

Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

I don't think he will regenerate this season. I am very eager to see how the new companion plays out though and what happens with the storyline of the Doctor and River or if it will turn out to be a dead storyline line like the Doctor and Rose.

The episode was pretty good. The boyfriend and I have it on his DVR. I think the best episode this season was the first one (the one with the Daleks).

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

I don't have cable either, but that doesn't stop me I have an Amazon season pass so it's ready for me by 7am the morning after it airs, but usually I'm desperate and watch it on the BBC iPlayer the night it airs. It's best after dark though lol!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Won't be able to watch it until it is either release on dvd or comes out on netflix. So I need to stay away from this thread. Lol
I have a website they all come on the day after they air Ill pm it to you if you want.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

YEAH buddy! I was gonna make a thread, but I completely forgot. Okay.

One of the really interesting theories is that somehow Rory is the Master. I still don't believe it, because I love love love Rory and how he's so human. But yeah, in Let's Kill Hitler, they just found out that Mels was their daughter, and he doesn't really react. He says, "Does anyone else hear this banging noise?" <- something along those lines.
Also, his hospital card doesn't match his age or anything, I forget what exactly happened there but it doesn't match up. In the Dalek episode, he forgot his name. Legit forgot it. He didn't just stammer it out, he said, "I don't remember."
In that episode as well, whenever Rory was on screen you could hear drumbeats. 4 at a time in particular. And the whole River thing. Just being conceived while in flight shouldn't give you the DNA of a different species.
In the God complex, Rory doesn't have a room. It's a bit strange.

I didn't go into that much detail, but if any of ya'll are interested I can dig up some detailed posts where people really dig into the idea. there's also a ton of ways that its impossible for him to be the Master, soo have it either way. I think since its Moffat, anything could happen.another interesting thing is that they say that the Ponds are leaving. Yet Arthur has been extremely vague about himself leaving.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

I've heard the Rory is the Master theory before. As much as I'd like to believe it, I don't think that's the case. Now that I said that, it's Moffat, and he can pull stuff out of his ass sometimes and surprise everyone lol. I do think there is *something* up with Rory. I don't know if he's really human. I heard an interesting theory that he's actually a Tenza, like George from Night Terrors. Also a theory that he's some random timelord - or possibly some other non-human, or even human - and in the 5th episode the angels send him back in time to be his own father (with some sort of memory erasure) and that's how he was the same genetic chain to fly the spaceship last week. I heard one theory that last week when the Doctor kissed Rory it wasn't sheer excitement, it was some sort of sample collection. I don't know.

Quote:
In the Dalek episode, he forgot his name. Legit forgot it.
That's something BIG that I thought nothing of the first time around. But yeah, something's not right with Rory. I just haven't decided on what's most likely yet. I'd be thrilled if he's some sort of time lord. That would be beyond awesome. But I don't know. He's just...unimpressed by the TARDIS and with time/space travel in general. He acts like he's got something to hide. I love Rory, I think he's badass and way better than Amy. But he doesn't make sense.

I'm excited for next week's episode. It's been hardly advertised at all.

OH. Today someone pointed out that the opening credits are getting darker and darker each week. I double checked today, and yup, they are. Comparing Asylum of the Daleks opening with this week's opening, this week is SO dark. It's especially noticeable in the first few seconds of the opening sequence and when the time vortex turns red/orange. There's a ton of black in the red part this week, and none the first week. That has to be significant in some way.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Top Dog

About regeneration, Moffat said something along the lines of the new companion will make the Doctor a "new man." I'm really hoping he's planning a surprise regeneration. And it's Moffat, if anyone could make it happen, he can. Look what he did with Jenna Louise Coleman in the first episode, nobody had a clue! I mean, I've really grown to love Matt Smith, but I can't help but think a regeneration is in order, and soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
just call me Nilly

I just popped in because I want to talk about Doctor Who with you guys, but don't want the spoilers! So I'm afraid to read anything that's been written. Do we have spoiler tags here?

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010