This is what I ate today...

milos_mommy

Lunch was one slice of whole grain toast with leftover chicken salad (made with mayo and lots of herbs thrown in) and swiss cheese and some chunks of pear (the pear was on the side, not on the sandwich).

Lyzelle

I'll join in!

But on my first day of joining in, I'm failing. Lol. I've cut out my morning coffee and traded it for Chai Latte (Chai tea with milk and honey). Skipped on eating anything.

Had a BLT for lunch. About to go make a fried egg sammich.

Burgers tonight. I'm cooking everything in either bacon grease or eggs to keep my fat intake high.

All this bread is killing my carb count, though. I'm trying to keep protein and fat high, and keep my carbs coming from veggies and such. Failing.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
LOL I had a mcgriddle for breakfast and I had two fruit by the foots for lunch.

I, however, cooked my VERY first meal (I wish I was joking) for dinner. I made Wonton Tacos. Pretty awesome. :)
I LOVE Wonton Tacos. Like love love love. I bet they were great.

Today I had 4 good size cups of water, a cup of regular folders coffee with French vanilla creamer, a 20 oz bottle of coke, and a 12" flat bread chicken teriyaki sub from subway with mozeralla cheese, pickles, banana peppers, lettuce, sweet onion sauce & honey mustard. Mmmmmm.

SpringerLover

I had special k with milk and carnation instant breakfast. Then I had a donut because my boss brought them in for my last day. I had cheese, an apple, and fruit strips for lunch. I had a nasty hotdog for a snack because my cupboards are quite bare.

I'm sure I could win some kind of award for my poor eating ;)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Hmmm...what did I eat today?

I had a piece of chocolate with a lemon filling for breakfast. (Came out of one of those chocolate boxes.)

I ate a quesadilla for lunch - flour tortillas, some spiced up colby jack cheese, some canned chicken, chopped up fresh onions and peppers = YUM. Cooked it just right, too. Also nommed on two handfuls of Kix and a handful of Frosted Mini Wheats, too, and had two glasses of chocolate milk because I'm sick of buying a gallon of milk and then using only 2/3 of it before it goes bad.

I haven't had dinner yet. I ate two baked seasoned French Fries that I cooked for Mike and had a swig of coke, but that has been it. I need to find something to eat.

I think you can tell I don't have time to eat breakfast before work, so I gorge myself at lunch and then just have a light snack in the evening for dinner. LOL

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, I didn't feel like going to the store so I had chicken and cashews (again) with some apricots, onion, garlic, turmeric, coriander, and celery seed.

And my handful of almonds.

I'm kinda starving still though. Definitely craving something sweet. I might get a banana and some berries out of the freezer and make a smoothie.

ETA: OMG OMG. I got out some of my frozen banana slices, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, took one big scoop of PB, blended it all together... it's sorbet. SORBET.
HEAVEN.
HEEEAAAAVEEEEEN.

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Doh. Hannah had a birthday party to go to tonight at chuck e cheese. I had two small slices of pizza and a piece of birthday cake. No snack tonight lol

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Had my banana earlier yummmm

then later on had some chipotle... to keep it paleo as possible I read online a few different paleo reviews on chipotle and followed their advice....

soooo... had a salad which consisted of:
lettuce, carnitas, pico (tomatoes), medium salsa and guacamole. I DID say NO cheese because I'm not eating dairy but they put cheese on it anyway ugh....

Hillside

Original Twin
Breakfast was some assorted frozen fruit. ( I like the real stuff better but it just doesn't keep long enough for me to buy it normally)

Lunch/dinner was Cajun chicken chunks ( I used the salt free cajun seasoning blend) and spinach.

Grab

I don't eat the healthiest even on a good day, unfortunately.

No breakfast, two of the little squares of dominos pizza and a salad with snow peas for lunch along with a Starbucks coffee (because, tired)

No idea what I'm having for dinner, will have to see what I have in the kitchen. I am about to make tea, though.

tzigane

oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).
Adding a little lemon juice will prevent the avocado from turning brown. Another great mayo sub is just straight-up plain Greek yogurt. I've never bought mayo ever because I *always* have plain Greek yogurt around, since I make it. It adds that nice tanginess and creaminess, but you also get calcium, extra protein, and, since it's not being cooked, those lovely probiotics!

Today, I had:
-Last piece of rosemary olive oil cake (boo!)
-Rice and the last of the slow-cooker baked beans
-Bowl of oatmeal with applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg
-2 plates of my first batch of fresh homemade spaghetti, with some 99.9% local (everything except the cinnamon, nutmeg, and balsamic) roasted red pepper/garlic basil tomato sauce I made several months ago. My belleh is in heaven.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had some leftover pork roast, carrots, and potatoes from last Sunday's dinner for dinner this evening.

Horrible, horrible gas now. o_O Ew.

Saeleofu

I had hazelnut chai tea (NOMMY!) and a ham/salami/cheese/pickle/romaine sandwich for lunch, honey peanuts and sunchips as a snack at work, goulash and salad for dinner, and just now a hot fudge sundae. Not great, but better than gummy candy for breakfast lol

I really want to try the tuna with avocado, now. That sounds delicious!

milos_mommy

I also dice up carrots really small to put in my tuna/chicken salad to give it crunch (I'm not a fan of celery). It's so good!

Equinox

Tried the avocado with chicken today - except I wound up using a bit of mayonnaise anyway LOL Needed the fat! So I mixed avocado, mayonnaise, and baked chicken and wrapped it up with an iceburg lettuce leaf. Had about three of those and feel incredibly full.

Best part?

252 calories, 20 fat, 14 protein, and 2 net carbs!! Avocado was heavy in carbs but the fact that it was almost all fiber was awesome.

Good gracious I need to find that PB! Gonna scour the health food store tomorrow!
It's delicious!! I only later found out that it's locally produced, right in my college town! They always have a booth at our bi-annual fair but I never bought a jar until now.

My sister was eating peanut butter + caramalized sugar brittle, which I was DYING to have, but I just got about a third of a teaspoon of the chocolate coconut peanut butter instead :)

Saeleofu

Honey peanuts and tea for breakfast...I don't even remember what kind of tea. Probably Irish Breakfast. But it might have been Gold Rush. I was too tired to care.

Cottage pie, curry beans, and a roll from Douglas Street Eats for lunch.

Cottage pie, curry beans, and a roll made at home for dinner.

Tim Tams and a pot of TARDIS tea for dessert.

...at least cottage pie has meat? And some semblance of vegetables?

Adding a little lemon juice will prevent the avocado from turning brown. Another great mayo sub is just straight-up plain Greek yogurt. I've never bought mayo ever because I *always* have plain Greek yogurt around, since I make it. It adds that nice tanginess and creaminess, but you also get calcium, extra protein, and, since it's not being cooked, those lovely probiotics!

Today, I had:
-Last piece of rosemary olive oil cake (boo!)
-Rice and the last of the slow-cooker baked beans
-Bowl of oatmeal with applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg
-2 plates of my first batch of fresh homemade spaghetti, with some 99.9% local (everything except the cinnamon, nutmeg, and balsamic) roasted red pepper/garlic basil tomato sauce I made several months ago. My belleh is in heaven.
Rosemary olive oil cake? Tell me more.

Lyzelle

I've been pretty terrible today.

Coffee - just one cup, hazelnut creamer and sugar
Fried egg sammich
Bowl of Lucky Charms
Bowl of Ramen
Chocolate
Pink Lemonade
About to make a chocolate milkshake.

Might have some canned ravioli, grilled cheese, and who knows what else before bed. Maybe a baked potato.

I jumped into a 30 Day Paleo Challenge today, starting tomorrow. I clearly did not think this through. Cold turkey is going to suck.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Breakfast was a banana "cake" - one egg, one overripe banana, some walnuts, cinnamon, apple pie spice (too lazy to add individual spices this morning), a little bit of honey and a splash of vanilla... and a small handful of dark chocolate chips.

Lunch was two tamales, one chicken and one pork, with salsa and cheese. If I had to pick one food weakness, it's not candy like it would have been when I was younger (or even a year ago) - it's tamales. My mom offered and I did not say no.

And since football tonight I made chicken and chorizo, dumped in several spoonfuls of Trader Joe's chipotle salsa, had some cheese dip, and 11 corn chips.

Went out to the bar, decided against drinking anything but plenty of water, came home a bit ago and made five slices of bacon, sliced up a small remaining piece of sharp white cheddar cheese, and ate a handful of almonds. Have also snacked on a handful of almonds and a handful of cashews throughout the day, oh and I bought more sunflowers seeds so a handful of those as well.

Equinox

Stressful day for me, had to work and prepare to move back to my campus house a few hours' drive away. I wound up buying a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Junior, substituting the bun for lettuce and asking them to take out the onion rings (and just replacing it with onion). 420 calories, 10 net carbs, 31 fat, 24 protein. Not too bad!

I also picked up a bacon ranch grilled chicken salad at McDonald's for dinner because I figured I wouldn't have time to eat. BUT, right around dinner time, I wound up not being hungry at all. That's a first. May or may not have had something to do with the lettuce wrapped chicken/avocado salad I snacked on - 252 calories, 1 net carb, 20 fat, 14 protein.

I also had a bit of the Chinese braised pork belly (basically, the same meat as bacon) that my mother made. We've been adjusting her recipes to make them keto-friendly and they are amazing!! 454 calories in 3 ounces, with 45 fat and 8 protein and only 2 carbs. YES. And got a great deal, we bought about 30 or 40 lbs of the pork belly at $1.99 a lb!

I also went grocery shopping and stocked up on tons of keto friendly foods! Nuts, cheese, ham, bacon, pickles, ranch, lettuce, tuna, etc.

Members online

No members online now.