Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

I used to keep a food blog at blogspot in college ([email protected]) where I could take pictures and upload them to the blog immediately. It was a lot I'd fun and eye-opening

I'm not doing well with healthy eating -- my fiancé & I do not cook or prepare food at home, we don't have the skills, time or desire which is foreign to me because my family had meat & potato meals every day. We are starting to prepare meals once in a while at home - I will have to read through this thread further to get ideas. Ramen noodles are our at home go-to when we can't go out for dinner & it's too late to order something in. Or a giant bowl of popcorn. We should probably adjust that.

Today we had vegetarian lettuce wraps from Jimmy Johns so far. Yesterday I had a salad wrap from the Big Salad for lunch and Ramen noodles for dinner.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'm having eggplant pizza's tonight!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

Happy uncured bacon and eggs on lettuce

and tuna salad wrapped in lettuce

A couple of days ago I also had some garlic mushroom and pork belly slices/uncured bacon sauteed and mixed with cream cheese. It tasted a LOT better than it looks!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

ARGH i keep forgetting to buy lettuce for wraps. Must remember.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Dinner tonight is a spinach salad with an egg cup cut up, olive oil, a little garlic powder (hubby is away tonight lol so no worries about garlic breath) and a little bit of bacon bits

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Obey the Toad.

For breakfast today I had an omelette made of 2 eggs, an oz of ham cubes, and a serving of low-fat cheddar cheese. Also had a slice of whole wheat toast with reduced fat onion/chive cream cheese...

ETA: You're a nice wife sparks--I'm a garlic junky, whether DH is here or not-lol

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
For breakfast today I had an omelette made of 2 eggs, an oz of ham cubes, and a serving of low-fat cheddar cheese. Also had a slice of whole wheat toast with reduced fat onion/chive cream cheese...

ETA: You're a nice wife sparks--I'm a garlic junky, whether DH is here or not-lol
Oh I am a garlic junky too LOL but usually we eat meals together so my garlic breath is cancelled out by his garlic breath but since it was just a little salad I would have been the only one with garlic breath in the house lol.

"HHHHHHHHHEY baby" doesn't quite hold the same charm when garlic is wafting out of my mouth I suppose lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Wow equinox, that looks so good! For lunch today we had some home made tomales that mom sent to us. Tonight we will have either lobster & salmon with some kind of side or lobster & steak. Or shrimp & crab legs.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Bad girl again today.

Went to chick fil a for lunch. I had the grilled chicken sandwich but I also ate most of the waffle fries lol

So for dinner it is left over chicken taco meat in a salad

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-19-2013, 06:15 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Same thing for breakfast that I had for dinner a couple nights ago - sautéed green peppers, scrambled eggs, and sage chicken sausage, plus mozzarella cheese this time. I had a salad at Chipotle for lunch - lettuce, fajita veggies, pinto beans, chicken, mild salsa, and cheese. For dinner we're all going to Honey Pig.