Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question What's going on USA?

Its big news here, is it being blown out of proportion?

The budget row or whatever it is? Is everything shut like they're saying??
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Love my pets

Not everything is shut down. Here's a link to the list of what's open and not open: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...utdown-impact/
Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 AM
such sights to show you

What's going on is a p!ssing match, or a big game of chicken.

Honestly, I doubt it will last very long. And most people's day to day lives are not really affected at this point.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Top Dog

They're blowing it out of proportion over here too. Honestly I'm sick of it. Every 4-5 months or less we get pounded about a "looming gov't shutdown" and our need to increase the debt ceiling. Then they get going on Obamacare and facebook gets flooded with political bullshit. Rinse... repeat over and over and over.

I personally hope it lasts quite a while this time. Our gov't is in need a a major fat trimming.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
What's going on is a p!ssing match, or a big game of chicken.

Honestly, I doubt it will last very long. And most people's day to day lives are not really affected at this point.
Pretty much that. Everyone I know is just annoyed.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

I'm very much so hoping it doesn't go for over a week. The fallout for the Republicans so far has not been pretty (rightfully so IMO) so hopefully they'll back down soon.

I feel really bad for the people that are furloughed. I know a large amount of people live paycheck to paycheck and this sort of thing can be devastating. It makes me angry that regular people pay the price for a bunch of politicians deciding to **** around.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

To me it's a bunch of kindergarten children who didn't get their way and are now throwing temper tantrum.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
To me it's a bunch of kindergarten children who didn't get their way and are now throwing temper tantrum.
Yup. So much this.

Quote:
Our gov't is in need a a major fat trimming.
^ and this.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
They're blowing it out of proportion over here too. Honestly I'm sick of it. Every 4-5 months or less we get pounded about a "looming gov't shutdown" and our need to increase the debt ceiling. Then they get going on Obamacare and facebook gets flooded with political bullshit. Rinse... repeat over and over and over.

I personally hope it lasts quite a while this time. Our gov't is in need a a major fat trimming.
Exactly this.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Well, I'm glad that some of you think this doesn't really effect many people's lives, that it's blown out of proportion, and that this is good because the government needs a trimming and government employees make too much money.

Let me tell you that this IS effecting lives, a lot of lives. If it isn't effecting yours, then congratulations. But at least have the decency to acknowledge that it's BAD for MANY employees. It's not only that one paycheck that you're maybe missing out on, employees who have secret clearances can easily have that revoked if money becomes an issue. Then they don't qualify for their job anymore... You catch my drift. This has happened to many of my husband's coworkers during the furlough. It's terrible. And now this. We can be grateful that we are in a stable financial position, I am working and we'll be okay. We have drastically reduced our spending and have saved money to be prepared for something like this... But not everybody can.

I also agree that, sure, there are lazy government workers, who just sit around... But to generalize liked that? Not cool. My husband works his butt off every single day. He gets hit up on his blackberry on weekends (and doesn't bill it), he rarely takes his whole lunch. The kicker? He'd make twice his salary in the private sector, easily. Probably even more. But he loves what he does, he's proud of what he does, and that's why he's staying.

And from what is can tell you without going into details is that this, and the previous furlough, have not saved any money. Where it gets cut on one end, it'll be replaced with twice as much.