Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Thanks for the info! I have been feeding my puppy Iams since I brought him home, almost two weeks ago. I know now to switch him to another brand. I'll keep reading on to find a better quality brand of dog food. I'll also switch my cats too. They have been eating it since I got them (they are 2 and 9 months). And to think that I have put my animals on Iams because I thought that it was a quality dog food that is good for them!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
Thanks for the info! I have been feeding my puppy Iams since I brought him home, almost two weeks ago. I know now to switch him to another brand. I'll keep reading on to find a better quality brand of dog food. I'll also switch my cats too. They have been eating it since I got them (they are 2 and 9 months). And to think that I have put my animals on Iams because I thought that it was a quality dog food that is good for them!
Ask any questions you want! There is a lot to learn about food quality. Read past threads and check out www.mordanna.com/dogfood and www.thegreatdanelady.com
Old 03-16-2005, 10:26 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

My dogs are on Hills Science Diet.. Is that a good food?!
Old 03-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Quigleyfied

science fiction?

here's my opinion:
http://www.mordanna.com/blog/index.p...eId=3&blogId=1
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Felurian

There's a reason it's referred to as "Science DIEt"

Makes me so angry, the way these companies manipulate words to so grossly mislead people who are trying to take the best care of their friends.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Active Pup

Default PETA views misguided.

I just visited that Peta website that displayed Iams mistreatment. One thing I was not impressed with was that they blammed Iams for dog deaths in the Iditorod just because they helped sponser it. They called the sport of dog mushing a "cruel event" where dogs are "needlessly injured and killed." Am I the only one who disagrees with this baseless acusation? If Peta were really into the animals they want to protect, and not just after media headlines, they would know that the dogs that race love what they do. And the mushers love their dogs so strongly that any relation we have ever had with a dog pails in comparison. For more information, read the excellent book Woodsong, by Gary Paulsen.
The following article completly discredits Peta's spin that Backen pushed his dog over the limit and killed him with out care. http://www.adn.com/2004/iditarod/new...-4790078c.html
Its important to remember that Peta must put their own spins on stories, and I feel that their pure misrepresentation of the Iditorod discredits all their stories.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Taco Dog

We know that mushers love their dogs. Our Love4Pits is a musher and owns and cares deeply for many dogs, sled dogs or not. So, don't worry. We don't believe it. :-)

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 07-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Felurian

I agree that PETA spins some things completely out of the realm of reality, however, that doesn't discredit everything they've found. Even a clock that's broken is right once a day. And regardless of whether or not the testing cruelty is an issue or not, they still make a far sub-standard product and charge premium prices for it, which is completely dishonest in my book.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I agree that PETA spins some things completely out of the realm of reality, however, that doesn't discredit everything they've found. Even a clock that's broken is right once a day.
Yes, and it's right twice a day.

I thought Iams was a great good because my other dog did so well on it, but then again, she had been getting fed Ol' Roy. So compared to that, then Iams is a great food. But after learning from Mordy how to read and interpret labels, I'm never buying Iams or SD or anything Purina again. Too bad we feed Purina EN at work, but as much as we go through it's the best qualility we can provide without overcharging our clients. It's supposed to be easy on the stomach for high-stress situations like boarding and hospital stays.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Puppy Dog

Angry

That video on the site made me tear up. How could they do such things.. and to beagles, my fav breed !!!!!