Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 01-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Dog Spoiler

Default Dont Buy Iams

Never buy Iams dog food. Recent searches have found Iams to be doing cruel tests on dogs. NEVER EVER EVER buy dog food from Iams. Its probably not even good for them.

http://www.iamscruelty.com/
Old 01-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Felurian

Thanks for that post, Shredhead! Check out some of the threads in the Dog Food forum and you'll be relieved to see that we've been ranting and raving about Iams/Eukanuba (as well as many others).

You're right. The food is garbage. Part of the abuse of their lab animals is feeding the poor creatures their products!

I've always wondered why anyone would think that a company that has no regard for animals in their care would have any care for animals belonging to customers. It's just about profit. And hype.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Omg that absolutly disgusting and heartbreaking I teared up many times.I felt horrible for the one dog who was so afraid she had her self as close against the back of her kennel wall as possible. Other of those dogs seem like the would love to run and play and have families who love them. But because Iams is such a big company major action will probley not be taken and these dogs will probley die in this horrid state. I feel so bad right now and wish I could adopt them all.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 01-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Island dweller

It's always a shock when you first come across that website. It has been out for awhile but I think that people always need to be reminded of that. Also, keep in mind that Iams is not the only company that does tests like that. I always assume that they do invasive testing until I find out otherwise. Those companies that make those junk dog foods are obviously not moral so why would they care if they treated their test animals well or not.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:54 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

wow I'm speechless, thanks for finding that link and that was sad. I can tell you this much I wouldn't be a good PI cause I would have to hurt those people working there. Oh well never will Purina, Science Diet, IAMS, etc. etc. get business from me, those people need to be shot Thank god I joined this forum you people are awesome in here, and made me and others realize that the big companies aren't always the best. Pretty sad when the only thing they care about is profit, and yet another reason why I love animals more than people

Old 02-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Oh...

When my dog was a pup he was on Iams. My vet is a really good vet but he did say Iams was good dog food. I am not going to visit that site you guys are talking about I'll just take it from you that Iams is BAD. Well Lucky has been of Iams for a few years its all good.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Active Pup

my pup was on iams and eukunaba for the first year of his life and he developed alot of skin problems know i feed him a home cooked meal and almost all the problems are gone I know alot of people that have feed there dogs iams and have not had problems but on the other hand i also know alot of people who have had alot of problems with the food that resulted in an unhealthy dog amazing how after i switched and my dog became much healtheir my vet still tells me that iams is good stuff
Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
user not active

Yeah, besides that its just a crappy food i dont know why anyone would feed their dog iams, purina, and crap like that.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

cuz they're cheap basta***...lol ok sorry just being mean..

actually, alot of people just don't know much about nutrition...but that's what we're here for..to help em out..right gang? lol

ok..*hits self with pillow*
Old 03-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Felurian

Well, I hope it was a big, soft, fluffy pillow!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian