Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I made a lifestyle change today and will be getting healthy. A mile walk tonight and then C25K starting tomorrow and Zumba Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Same here! (Well minus the C25k and Zumba lol). Tired of flip flopping back and forth between dieting and not dieting, really need to stop putting it off. Was good a few years ago and lost 40 pounds in 5 months and here I am too years later still maintaining.
Good on both of you! Best of luck!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I signed up last night for my first ever 6 Week Challenge at Nerd Fitness. I've committed myself to tracking my food for six weeks and actually eating the right number of calories instead of a lot of not-eating. Maybe if I make it a habit for six weeks I will re-learn how I should be eating and get back on track.

We shall see...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Aware

Good luck, Beanie! You can do it! Is the challenge just tracking your food, or is there more to it?

I went for a two mile walk on a logging trail with Em, Copper, xpaeanx, and her corgi Muffin yesterday. I wore my Vibrams. My upper body is sore thanks to Copper, but my hips aren't bothering me at ALL, usually they are killing me for a day or two after I do that walk. YAY!

I'm planning on starting C25K this week, but I'm not sure if I should do a "warm up" week or just jump right into it. Thoughts?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Good luck, Beanie! You can do it! Is the challenge just tracking your food, or is there more to it?

I went for a two mile walk on a logging trail with Em, Copper, xpaeanx, and her corgi Muffin yesterday. I wore my Vibrams. My upper body is sore thanks to Copper, but my hips aren't bothering me at ALL, usually they are killing me for a day or two after I do that walk. YAY!

I'm planning on starting C25K this week, but I'm not sure if I should do a "warm up" week or just jump right into it. Thoughts?
I would say jump right into it. It starts out pretty low key. It's made for people who aren't runners at all so I'd say you should be fine and if you need to you can always repeat a week

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
You get to set your own goals, so tracking (and eating) the food is just one of them. My other two are to up my squat weight in BP and downstairs. Boring, haha.

As far as C25K goes, in the Vibrams I would definitely do a warm-up week. Adjusting to Vibrams can take a surprisingly long time. Vibrams encourage you to change your strike, but they do not MAKE you change your strike, as evidenced by people who switch and then end up hurt because they're still running with the old strike.
C25K is intense for some people on it's own - I know there are people here who had a tough time with it - and I think you could be concerned about it being too much, too fast if you're still adjusting to the Vibrams. I think easing into it is a really good idea. And as with anything, if it hurts, stop!
Here's a big page on Vibram's website about switching including some exercises they recommend too:
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/edu...foot_works.htm

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Sport Model Pug

I have 3 hurt fingers (thanks to a ping pong table) so I've not been able to use my left hand since Sunday. However I've still been going to the gym. Today I did a little with that hand (some pushup stuff) and maaaan is it sore. Plus all y replacement stations end up being core or legs so I'm feeling it! Lol

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I made a lifestyle change today and will be getting healthy. A mile walk tonight and then C25K starting tomorrow and Zumba Thursday.
Zumba is super fun!! At least I find it to be, and kind of amusing because I can't dance to save my life. I've been meaning to post in this thread to recommend it to people, I started going about a month ago with my sister (she wants to get in shape, former dancer), and omg, fun times. As a general rec, I'd go with someone else if you can so you can both look like dorks together, lol.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 07-30-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I struggled through Lower Focus today. Seems I hurt my knee a little while playing at Kidmazium with Hannah yesterday and I think that affected my squat technique and I kept getting this sharp pain in my quad on the left side (the side with the hurt knee) so I was kinda being tender on that side through the workout and I'm just feeling tired today all around... but I made it through

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Mowed my lawn and two of the neighbor's lawns today. Over an hour pushing that mower. That should count as fitness minutes

Edit:

Just did my nightly run. Shaved another 12 seconds off my time. My first time on this route, it was just over 23 minutes. Tonight I broke under the 20 minute mark for the first time (19:48).

Last edited by eddieq; 07-31-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Guys, I cannot decide what to do.
Marathon sign-ups are open and have been for about a month.
I said after last half I was just going to do the 10K this year. Take a break.

By my competitive edge is coming through and I'm mad and I want to sign up for the half again.

I REALLY would benefit from taking a break, I think. A 10K is no big deal to me and even if I had a horrible month and didn't train at all I could absolutely bust it out.

But it's equally difficult to accept something because it's not very difficult. I want to challenge myself. I want a challenge.

I've already decided I'm running the full marathon in 2015 as my 30th birthday present to myself (HAHA.)
So taking a break would probably be good from that perspective too.

But.
But.

I just can't decide what to do. =/

The Sheltiechick Blog