Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Sport Model Pug

I figured out how to make "ice cream" in my vitamix. It's not the best and needs some tweaking but man I'm excited!

Almond milk + peanut butter + cookies and cream protein powder + ice = awesome!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Aware

Thanks guys! I just need to find a place to run.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Thanks guys! I just need to find a place to run.
Anywhere!
I used these podcasts because they had the timing beeps into them and I don't like to run with a watch (unless we're counting my Forerunner.)

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

There's a bunch of different C25K podcasts out there though if that music doesn't suit you!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Wookie Collie

Time for a Healthy Allie Update! With photos!

In the past few weeks I've been cycling to work. That's 10km (6.2mi) each way. I do it at least 3-4 times a week, weather permitting. It's been incredible - the route is just glorious, mostly bike pathways along the Rideau canal and the farm in the middle of the city (the photo above is taken right at the in-between point at the boat locks). I'm feeling great, especially in the legs!

In general I've been a ton more active. At the end of June I went backpacking in Algonquin park for three days - hiked up and down hills and rocks with a full 80L hiking pack. 20km over three days. O_o There were times I thought I was going to die, but oh wow was it rewarding when we reached the campsite at the end of each day.

On off days for biking, I run with Finnegan. Was able to jump into week 2 of C25K off the getgo. I'm not as consistent with the running yet as I'd like to be, though.

Finn and I go on hikes with friends too though. Great morning activity when the trails are quiet.

Amidst all of the sudden cardio, I've learned a few things:

- I need to start doing strength training, srsly. I never realized how well the two go hand in hand until I started biking. My muscles need support!

- I've begun to regard food as different types of fuel. Today's ride was incredibly hard on me, and I realized it was because I ate a lot of carb and too little protein. I had the energy to pedal like hell, but my legs gave out really easily.

- In turn, I've been making a lot of food from scratch using healthy non-processed foods. Learning to eat better and balance my ratios for the added exercise. So far it's a way more fun learning experience than counting calories ever was. Plus, the added exercise allows for periodic snacking noooo problem.

All this time I tried to lose weight, but all it took was a lifestyle shift. Go fig. I'm eager to see what all this activity does for my health and shape. So far my clothes are getting way too big!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Anywhere!
The roads where I live are god awful, very curvy... aaand people zoom through them at 60mph+. I think up where my father works would do the trick, it's pretty straight, flat, and not many cars. Plus there's a pond at one end, so I could let whatever dog I'm running with take a dip.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Resident fainting goat

just had like a major binge. Trying not to dwell on it..what else can you do? It happened. Drinking plenty of water, went for a walk..
I dunno, just had a rough day and just went overboard and hit a wing/fast food place and just..inhaled everything.

It's hard. Focusing on my health and weight and what I'm eating without letting it go back into unhealthy thoughts and actions..
Old 07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

ewwww I have to do T25 Cardio today lol my least favorite of the alpha workouts.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
just had like a major binge. Trying not to dwell on it..what else can you do? It happened. Drinking plenty of water, went for a walk..
I dunno, just had a rough day and just went overboard and hit a wing/fast food place and just..inhaled everything.

It's hard. Focusing on my health and weight and what I'm eating without letting it go back into unhealthy thoughts and actions..
Today is a new day!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

DONE!!!! Cardio is out of the way... for a couple of days. I did a lot better this time. Knowing what was coming helped me be prepared and pace myself so I wasn't totally spent after the first 5 minutes lol but I definitely still got a good workout. I'm dripping

AND I'm down another two lbs from the 7 I put on lol. couple more lbs to go and then I'll be back to regular weight loss lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Sport Model Pug

My arms and legs were jello going in to work today from our workout this morning... I proceeded to bring in 2000lbs of product on my own.

My limbs feel liquified.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug