Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Killed it today. Ate really well, had one game tonight (that went extra innings) then came home, lifted a little and then took a run. I'm drenched and burning right now and I feel freaking awesome!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Finished my first T25 workout. I was NOT prepared for that lol. It was tough and I barely made it through... I modified with Tania A LOT and i was close to quitting with ten minutes left lol but I pushed through. The heat today did not help and I ha to take a break and use my inhaler quick but I did it and despite everything I just said, I did enjoy it.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Are you dead yet?

What do you MEAN my diet doesn't include beer, pizza and mozzarella sticks?

Fell off the wagon last night big time. Still got the munchies from the beer this morning.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Sport Model Pug

We pretended we were sled dogs this morning and pulled/pushed these prowler sled things with weights on them up and down the sidewalk. There may be photos later lol.

Also I just signed up for this:

http://www.mudhero.com/en-us/FindanEvent/EventRedDeer2

So excited!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
We pretended we were sled dogs this morning and pulled/pushed these prowler sled things with weights on them up and down the sidewalk. There may be photos later lol.
Oh God. My constant fear is I'm going to slip, fall with the FULL FORCE of my body, and completely bash my face open on the ground.

I saw a video the other day of Adrian Peterson doing some workouts while he was working on his comeback after his injury. One of the workouts was apparently a restrained send LOL. He had a belt around his abs with a handle off the back, and a trainer was pulling back on the handle as Peterson ran in place... then he would let go and Peterson would just explode forth and run across the field.
In theory, great idea!!
In actuality, I'm fairly certain as soon as the trainer would let go I would explode forth... straight down into the ground. BOOM. Faceplant.

I have possibly unreasonable fears about bashing my face during workouts LOL. Lifting weight plates up while doing squats? My mantra is "Don't hit your face, don't hit your face, don't hit your face..."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Sport Model Pug

My mantra for doing wall balls is "don't let the ball land on your face, don't let the ball land on your face" I took a 20lb medicine ball to the nose the first time I did them.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Aware

Ate well for a few days, had plenty of energy.

Ate like crap yesteray, and holy crap, am I sluggish today. Lesson learned.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just finished speed 1.0 I liked it mich better than the first cardio LOL but then ten minutes of burnout was killer lol. I tried a new lacing technique on my shoes to try to alleviate the numbness issues I sometimes have due to my ridiculously high instep. It helped but I think I may need to lose one more criss cross near the top.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Still on the wagon. Been going well! Still getting sore, but my diets been easy to stick to so far and it hasn't been terribly hard to motivate myself to work out. Even this morning when my legs were SUPER sore from the day before.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Just got back from my run. It was thunderstorming. No active rain (darn it, I always liked running in the rain) but some pretty cool lightning across the sky. Sweaty as all get out and properly tired. Need to make a quick trip to the grocery store, then a shower and bed.

For grins, here is how hard I'm working (caution, eeeeewwww factor):
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...86FA9E191F.jpg