Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Well Judgey McJudgerson can suck it. What's there to judge? The fact that you're getting out there and making a change in your life? The fact that you're doing your best with what you have right now? The fact that instead of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself and being afraid of the pain you're going back again?
TERRIBLE.

Gym secret: nobody is watching you.
And if they ARE watching you? Then you get to be all Judgey McJudgerson about THEM being too busy watching other people instead of being at the gym getting their own workout done.

ETA: In fact if they are judgmental about things I think you should legit tell them "suck my ****." Even though you don't have one. Doesn't matter. Say it anyway.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm All Ears

See logically I know I should tell said person to suck it. I know they are just that way and like to start drama. I've heard them making fun of people working out before though and just... Meh. Makes me feel like I'm in high school listening to that person. Unfortunately person seems pretty popular and stuff gets around when person is around... Ugh I hate drama.

I know I'm doing a good thing for myself and that's all that should matter.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Silence! I ban you!

No matter how slow you're running, you're lapping the person who is sitting there making fun of you.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Haha I like that Eddie. I barely noticed said person. Saw them right when I got in but that was it. I ran into several people I knew walking to the gym and all of them were very encouraging. So that's good. And it's great going with a friend in a similar place as me and seeing her busting her ass. Motivates me to do just as much.

I didn't do as much as I did last week but I did a lot of weight lifting and some sprints plus squats, push ups, etc. Only did one rep of the workout from last week that killed me.

I think I may try 30 mins of cardio at lunch tomorrow. That's about all I can get in during that time frame but I figure it's better than nothing. I usually just do steady cardio but I think I'm going to break it up with sprints like I've been doing lately.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Just got back from my run. I am absolutely drenched. I'm wearing an under armour shirt and look like I've been in the shower with it. Great run, though. About the same time as I did last night (about 30 seconds slower), but I felt like I had more left at the end.

Gonna eat some cheese and maybe an apple while I stretch out. Gotta give the body some fuel.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Morning run again. Ready for the day.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:57 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I am so unbelievably sore. Like... OMG. And I'm about to go work out again.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Sport Model Pug

Incurred more trauma to my legs this morning and my body feels like jello.

I won't be able to wear shorts all summer because strangers are going to think I have a rough home life.

But I'm still having fun!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Incurred more trauma to my legs this morning and my body feels like jello.

I won't be able to wear shorts all summer because strangers are going to think I have a rough home life.

But I'm still having fun!
Scabby knees and brilliant, eh? Glad it's fun!

Just got back from my run. Was going to go this morning, but I had issues waking and was running late. It's raining and I was always a "mudder", so i went out for a run before dinner. Shaved some time off and felt pretty good. Relaxing and icing my instep now (a little plantar fasciitis).
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Club Terrible - President

Went grocery shopping last night with a little more money than usual, got some decently healthy stuff. More cheese than I would have liked, but oh well. Organic boxed salad mix, red onion, apples, green bell peppers, broccoli, cibatta bread (have not tried, I'm excited) two bricks of sharp cheddar, a package of sliced mozzarella, a small container of feta, corn chips, lemons, unsalted sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, white onions, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Lots of stuff was on sale, so I think I only spent about $35 or so total. We had a big cucumber and plenty of carrots in the fridge, so I made up a big bowl of salad for the week. Didn't get any candy, any really unhealthy food other than the corn chips and going a little overboard on the cheese, and drinks other than my one vitamin water zero that I love... so, I consider this shopping trip a success. If I can budget out that much per week for food, I'll be good to go.

I'm hoping to convince myself to spend a little time on the treadmill tonight, since my room is air conditioned and I'm stuck home with work. There's no reason for me not to besides anxiety, and getting back into shape is worth working on the negative emotions involving it.