Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just heard that Focus T25 (shaun T's newest workout set) could open up for Pre order starting next weekend... which just HAPPENS to be my birthday and that's what I'm asking for as my present lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Had a fast pitch game tonight. Lots of squats, lots of sweat. Another one tomorrow night (I drew the 12U championship game), then 5 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. I'm gonna be 190 pounds by Monday
Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Sport Model Pug

All weekend people were commenting on how great I look and how teeny I've gotten.

It was weird but good lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
All weekend people were commenting on how great I look and how teeny I've gotten.

It was weird but good lol.
Isn't that awesome! I feel great in general, but when people notice, it's a great feeling!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Vizsla mom

I don't know if anyone here runs/ does intense cardio, but consider a pre-workout drink! I am currently cranked on caffeine and about to run 15k ..a very, very fast 15k based on how I'm feeling at the moment It makes a serious difference in your workouts ..I took a solid 3 minutes off a 5k two days apart. Only difference? One I took GAT& one I didn't. That's crazy!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
I don't know if anyone here runs/ does intense cardio, but consider a pre-workout drink! I am currently cranked on caffeine and about to run 15k ..a very, very fast 15k based on how I'm feeling at the moment It makes a serious difference in your workouts ..I took a solid 3 minutes off a 5k two days apart. Only difference? One I took GAT& one I didn't. That's crazy!
I never drank caffeine before a race (a long time ago in a high school far, far away) but I usually had a big "carbo load" meal the night before (spaghetti and such).

Does caffeine count as a PED?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Crazy Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
I used to be all into pre-workouts. Assault, Jack3D, NOS.. I can't even remember all the ones I tried.

They do give you a caffeine boost. That's about it. When I finally went back to eating and sleeping enough to fuel my workouts I found I didn't need the preworkouts to get me through. JMO, though. Occasional use is probably ok, but if you're using them every day, you might want to rethink your diet and sleep schedule. If your body is telling you that you aren't fueled or rested enough to work out, you should probably listen.

Also, had a friend (guy in his early 30's) get and entire cardiac workup done in the ER due to preworkouts. Chest pain and palpitations. He's fine, and the Dr's didn't find anything wrong with his heart, but told him to layoff the supplements for a while.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Had a fast pitch game tonight. Lots of squats, lots of sweat. Another one tomorrow night (I drew the 12U championship game), then 5 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. I'm gonna be 190 pounds by Monday
Oh, and holy ****! I was down to 214 this morning . Clearly, I need to drink more water on days I have games.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Caffeine and you:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/11/20/caffeine/

Energy drinks ("What the hell is this?"):
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/energy-drinks/

Three minutes off a 5K isn't really a huge difference or unusual. My short runs during half marathon training (3 to 5 miles, depending on where I am in the schedule) routinely vary by 3-5 minutes.

A friend of mine ran her first 5K eight minutes faster than she had ever completed one in training. Race day endorphin boost. ;>

I used to hit Gatorade up fairly frequently during intense cycling session and thought I "needed" it. Slamming down a Gatorade after a long run was routine. This was all pre-primal - after I went primal and cut Gatorade for being full of sugar and artificial colours/flavours, it was surprising how much I did not in fact "need" it. I was just completely convinced I did. Probably because of all the sugar.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Vizsla mom

A three minute faster 5k is a big deal to me I was stuck at a solid 25minute 5k ..not exactly stellar. Scoop some caffeine in my belly& woooooo! 22 minute 5k what's up?! It was a personal best so I'll take it!

Edit: I'd love 8 minute faster 5k on race day ..but so many road races, so many solid 25 minute 5k runs My 10k is about 47- 49 minutes so I am never sure why I can't have a much faster 5k than I currently do. It sucks.