Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
How do you guys get motivated to exercise and stick with it?

That has always been hard for me. I DON'T enjoy working out no matter the method. I don't like sweating, I usually feel bad after working out and I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. I don't know how to break this cycle of disliking exercise. I've tried lots of things. Going for walks, dance classes, work out classes, etc. I just don't enjoy it after a while.

I'm going to start going to a fitness class on Tuesday nights with a friend from church and hope having a friend with me will keep me motivated to keep at it
- Have a workout buddy who keeps me liable to show up
- Special treat after workouts so my body associates workouts with goodness. I usually have a nice long shower/bath with my favorite body wash and rent a movie at red-box!
- ridiculous motivational posters. I put them around the pantry and next to my workout shoes and around my computer.
They do help oddly enough.

- I have one of these and I get special star stickers on workout days. Looking at all the stars/lack there of makes me feel more liable

They say it takes 21 days develop a habit. I have found this to be true.. push through for 21 days and usually, I find myself as totally OK with working out.

- Find a workout time that works for you. For me, late at night works.
- Music.
- Embrace the wind-down. NOW I like working out.. but that took, a long long time. The endorphins and happy times didn't break through for a WHILE WHILE after I started working out. For a while the only thing that got me through was enjoying the feeling AFTER. The bath, the shower, sleeping like a baby, feeling so proud after.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

Fran, you've convinced me. After the baby comes I'm going to work out 21 times. In a row. If I still HATE it after 21 times, then we'll see

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

I'm late joining in but I keep loosing and gaining the same darn 10lbs grrrrrr. So back to really focusing on it. Need to get about 50 off total (really could do 60-65 but we will see).

I was doing pretty well using the wii to work out. During the spring/summer/fall when we have enough daylight I meet some friends at a park and we do yoga, that helps a ton but I have been bad about doing it on my own. The wii, I use Just Dane, wii fit, and I have Biggest Loser but have not used it yet. Unfortunately just as I was getting back into a good habit I got sick. Since then I have had a really bad headache (over a week now) which just knocks me out grrrrrrr.

I need to get a meal plan for us...without one its too easy to slip into quick and convenient.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Aware

207.6 as of an hour ago. Whooo.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Broke 280 (on the way down) this morning. 279.2. I was 290 at Christmas.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Top Dog

I've been doing okay... the exercise needs to be stepped up. My problem is I've had this stupid cough and bronchitis for the past 3 weeks so any time I'm active, it brings it on. I just finished my antibiotics and am feeling better so I think I'm about ready for some hardcore exercise! and really, I work at a **** gym (in childcare)... I have NO excuse. I'll be finished walking dogs next week (which I do right after I leave work, and then don't wanna come back to use the gym, lol) so after work (around 12:30), I'm gonna work out. I'm there at the least 4 days a week. So EVERY DAY that I am there, I'm making myself. I mean c'mon it's free.

Foodwise, again, I'm just doing okay. I'm slowly easing myself in... where I always used to go wrong is I eat nothing but healthy for a month and then I'm just like OMG I NEED A BROWNIE and stuff my face with 5 of them. Then slowly start eating bad again. So anyway, I'm allowing myself one cheat night a week. Last night my little sister was sick for example, mom decided not to cook anything, just got Little Cesars pizza. I allowed myself one piece of pizza and one stick of crazy bread. But NO soda... I've had no soda for 11 days now lol. Which is great for me. I'm keeping it up.

Honestly I'm starting to feel better already. It's obviously only been 11 days but my face feels a bit lighter (to me), and I just feel a bit more energized since I haven't been eating pizza, fast food and soda almost every day. lol.

I've been making myself lots of smoothies, if I feel the need to snack, I get some cheerios or nuts. Been eating a lot of fish (and trying new ones). I had a tuna steak the other night at dinner, didn't eat the baked potato covered in butter. I ordered mahi mahi the other night and again skipped out on the baked potato it came with. And chicken, had a few plain grilled chicken breast dinners. Overall I'm improving a lot and that's my goal!

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
207.6 as of an hour ago. Whooo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Broke 280 (on the way down) this morning. 279.2. I was 290 at Christmas.
Great job guys It feels so good to see results doesn't it.

I was 199.6 when I stepped on the scale today Broke 200lbs (although it was only 5 lbs to do it lol but still that was my first goal)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

Well, the small changes seemed to have helped a bit I am down about 5 lbs right now.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Well, the small changes seemed to have helped a bit I am down about 5 lbs right now.
WOOHOO. Keep up the good work congrats on the 5 lbs.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Weighed in this morning, lost 5 pounds!! Yay!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.