2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Ran in a 5K in support of our Local Library and an organization called "The Open Link", which provides resources for struggling families (financial and employment counseling and assistance, domestic violence court accompaniment, medically necessary transport, holiday programs, Meals on Wheels, Community Food Cupboard, congregate meals, GED preparation, health and wellness, lifelong learning). It was the toughest course so far (it's all on a golf course with a couple of really steep and long hills) but I ran a personal best and beat the previous mark by a minute.

Since it's my birthday and I busted my ass this morning, I'm going to live a little. Had a nice cooked breakfast, going to go see Thor later with the kids (oldest is home from college for the weekend) then dinner - Mrs. Q put a pot roast in.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Took a nice 5 mile run at lunch time today. 8 minute pace. Weather was very cooperative in the high 40's. Felt and smelled like fall. Sounded like it, too, as I ran through sidewalks covered with fallen leaves. :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Anyone else still working out? Awfully quiet in here :)

Went for a 10K run before breakfast today. A little slower than yesterday's lunch run (8:30 pace). Ate a nice hot cooked breakfast after that.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I've lost 7lb and quite a few inches here and there :)

I still do my bootcamp work out twice a week, and a 10 min hard workout every day (or there abouts, slacked a bit). And still eating 'clean'.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I've lost 7lb and quite a few inches here and there :)

I still do my bootcamp work out twice a week, and a 10 min hard workout every day (or there abouts, slacked a bit). And still eating 'clean'.
Keep up the good work! The weight is good but the inches are what you really notice.

Sure, I'm down 103 pounds, but I'm down a solid 12 inches in my waist. Was wearing snug 46 waist pants and now my 34's are loose. Plus, my shirt size is down from a 3xl to a large.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Keep up the good work! The weight is good but the inches are what you really notice.

Sure, I'm down 103 pounds, but I'm down a solid 12 inches in my waist. Was wearing snug 46 waist pants and now my 34's are loose. Plus, my shirt size is down from a 3xl to a large.
Very good!

I'm back in some clothes that were on the too tight side of snug the other month, which is fab :)

It's the first time in my life I've exercised this consistently for this long too!!! And my eating patterns seem to have changed a lot... Doesn't feel a challenge to not eat carbs/sugar etc now. I'm still eating the same stuff as on the detox, not added any cheats regularly (had the odd one off thing, like a slice of bread, glass of wine at a weekend).

I'm not as bloated, but it's not helped my ibs, so it's deffo something I'm still eating and NOT gluten (I've had bread). I'm wondering if it's cashew nuts for some reason as I have them every day at the moment..... I should do a week off!!! Next task.......

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. He already called about my blood work and he was thrilled with it. Halved my Lipitor dosage, so that makes it 2 medications off and one halved. We'll see about the blood pressure tomorrow, hopefully. I've been taking it daily and it's right on the money.

Had a 4 mile run this morning before breakfast. Supposed to get a noreaster through here later today, so it was good to get a run in before it turns nasty.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. He already called about my blood work and he was thrilled with it. Halved my Lipitor dosage, so that makes it 2 medications off and one halved. We'll see about the blood pressure tomorrow, hopefully. I've been taking it daily and it's right on the money.

Had a 4 mile run this morning before breakfast. Supposed to get a noreaster through here later today, so it was good to get a run in before it turns nasty.
That is truly, truly awesome, Eddie. Way to go.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Ok, so it was a great checkup for me. The doc actually took a double-take when he came into the room and asked, "So how much weight have you lost?"

He loved my blood work and my BP is right on the money. He's thrilled with my weight and body composition and my current health status. He took me off all of my prescription medications. The only thing I'm taking now is an aspirin and a Zyrtec. No more statin drugs or BP drugs. He ordered blood work and full physical for 3 months away to see how I'm making out.

Definitely on the list of things to be thankful for .... :D

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
End of round 2 of A90 for me, no huge losses. I wasn't nearly as "on" with the nutrition aspect as I find it hard to get in all my meals in a day now plus the last month has been shaky with new meds making me pretty dizzy and nauseous and pretty much eliminating my appetite. Ugh. So when I ate it was easy tummy stuff and protein wouldn't settle well. I only lost about 2 inches but i'm down almost 20 more pounds bringing me up to 50lbs lost since the start of April. I feel good still and my fitness is still improving. I'm lifting heavier and not as tired after workouts, so while the inches lost are minimal, i'm not disappointed.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, it sounds like you're moving in the right direction, Mandy. Excellent work!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Race day. On my way to Landisville. Sparks is running in the same event, too, so we'll have a little "Chaz meetup" :)

Members online

No members online now.